Chapter 27 | Project Our Gay Best Friend

I change the cast back to Francisco. Picture at the side or at top^^

"I can't believe Xavier and Rachel are step siblings," Sophia whispered from where she sat with a paint brush in her hand as she awfully did light strokes on the white page.

I kept myself from asking what she was doing because that clearly did not look like a sunset or sunrise that she had previously said she would paint.

"Well, you better believe it." I settled for saying as I continued to mix red and blue to give me purple.

Eleven days had passed and the bruise on my shoulder was less visible. It didn't hurt that much as it did before but that didn't lessen how much Lorenzo wanted to kill Xavier.

It t took a lot of effort from the rest of us to make sure Lorenzo did not sneak out to kill him. It made me wonder why did Lorenzo care that much, that he was willing to hurt Xavier for me.

He shouldn't care. I wasn't his girlfriend. Were we even friends? I wanted to think we were. It was hard to see if I our friendship was genuine or was he playing around.

I recalled saying - I couldn't love him because he was the chosen guy.

But if we had met under different circumstances and he showed me the sweet side of Lorenzo. The guy who showed he did care and wasn't some cold heartless person, I was pretty sure I would have fallen in love with him.

I know I felt something for Lorenzo but I didn't want to like him but how could I not? When at times he said the sweetest things and even the little things he did made my heart take a jump.

I didn't want to like him because I knew I would fall and when I fall- I fall pretty hard and I don't think he would catch me. He wouldn't. I would be left broken.

"Alex, are you even listening to me?" Sophia appeared in front of me with her eyebrows raised.

I frantically nodded my head. "Yes, yes. I am listening."

She titled her head to the side with a knowing look on her face. "Oh really?" I nodded my head once again. "So, what have I been talking about this past ten minutes?"

I placed my paint brush on the table. "Um...something about..." I trailed off not too sure what she was blabbing about.

"I told you, you weren't listening to me!" She childishly yelled. I tried my best not to burst out laughing when Mr. Stewart shot her a glare.

"Miss. Summers, why are you shouting in my glass?" Mr. Stewart asked.

"Sorry," she muttered in response. A few minutes later a small smile appeared on her face. "This conversation isn't over."

~•~

She spoke for hours and hours. I didn't know it was possible for someone to speak so much and not lose breath. Her mouth ran faster than her legs and that was saying a lot of Sophia because she was a fast runner.

I rubbed my forehead and groaned. "Sophia, I really do enjoy this conversation but I don't think I feel comfortable with you talking about Jordan doing it for the first time."

Sophia snapped her gaze towards me and dropped her pencil on her pink study desk. "He didn't do it yet, he almost did it," she corrected me.

"And I don't think we should have this conversation about Jordan's sex life or almost sex life," I told her.