Chapter 15 | Project Kissing Behind The Tress

Two months left - till then end of the Project of 1000 School virgin.

At 6:45 a.m. the miniature red alarm clock at the side of my bedside began blaring its usual wake-up call. I groaned out loud, no amount of sleep could prepare me to wake up at this time.

I reached my hand blindly, trying to switch the alarm off. Once I succeeded in switching my alarm off - I laid in my bed for a minute.

I stretched my arms out with a yawn escaping my dry mouth. I must have slept with my mouth open because I could taste the stale saliva in my mouth.

I debated whether I should skip school, but the thought left my mind when Sophia barged into my room dramatically, looking around my room until she spotted me on my bed.

"Alex?" Sophia shirked as she strutted towards me. She took hold of my left arm, pulling my arm a sign that she wanted me to get up from my bed.

I stood up, rubbing my hands on my Mickey Mouse shorts, my hands felt oddly sticky.

"Why are you here?" Sophia glanced over her shoulder once, checking if there was anyone behind her and when she noticed there was no one, she faced me with a smile on her face.

"Guess what?" She giggled. "My mom and dad are back together!" She blurted out - unable to contain her excitement.

My eyebrows shot up; disappearing into my hair line.... I stared at Sophia if she had lost her mind. "Why wouldn't they be together Sophia?"

From what I had recalled, Sophia's parents where the perfect couple. Twenty five years of marriage and counting. I never knew that they were planning on leaving each other but according to Sophia they were.

She twirled her reddish- brown locks as she bit her bottom lip. "Do you remember the time I came over here a few days after our fight?" She paused. "And do you remember me about to tell you something but then Lorenzo wanted you to hang out with his sister?" She took in a deep breath. "So, I never got to finish what I wanted to say,"

I nodded, recalling the day Sophia. "Yah I remember."

She nervously shifted her feet. "Well my mom and dad they are getting a divorce, well they were and I couldn't understand why they wanted a divorce, we were happy or at least I thought we were..." she trailed off as she observed my room, avoiding my eyes.

"And?" I urged her, wanting to know more. Was this the reason why she seemed different ever since senior year started?

She falsely smiled. "Nothing really, it is just that they are back and they are not getting a divorce, that's all. I was just so happy that I couldn't wait to tell you at school hence why I am here."

"Oh, so you were going to me a few weeks backs that they were getting a divorce?" I smiled. "But now they aren't getting voice.

She squealed. "Yes." She ran up to me, giving me a hug. I could hardly breathe but she seemed happy so I allowed her to slowly suffocate me.

*~*

Did you see the picture of Lorenzo and Rachel?

Rachel and Lorenzo are such an amazing couple.

I saw them kissing behind the trees.

I heard Lorenzo promising Rachel that he was going to marry her

I heard that the only reason why Alex hasn't given into to Project 100 School Virgin is because she knows if she does she is not only going to lose the game but lose Lorenzo too.

I made my away from the busy cafeteria after receiving my food. I tried my hardest trying to escape all the whispers behind me, all the rumors circulating around the school.

I giggled at the thought that they believed that the reason I did not want to give into the game was because I was going to lose Lorenzo.

They were utterly pathetic and the rumors about Lorenzo and Rachel? Even more pathetic - Lorenzo wouldn't do that, Lorenzo wouldn't say those pathetic words or even kiss her.

I refused to believe it, Lorenzo wasn't like that anymore.

"Alex honey," Serena cooed at me as she waved her hand.

I narrowed my eyes in her direction, "Um hi?" I greeted slowly. What was she up to.

She giggled. "Sorry to bother but I was just wondering if you knew where Rachel was?"

I scrunched my eyebrows. "And how should I know that?"

She giggled once again, inspecting her pink nails. "I just thought you would know because Lorenzo is with Rachel. So, I thought if you knew where Lorenzo was, you would definitely know where Rachel was."

I glared. "Well sorry to say I don't know where they are. I hope you find them." I smiled forcedly, walking away as she chuckled.

I looked around the field, spotting Jordon, Sophia, and Brandon, but no Lorenzo under this huge tree. I walked to the bench under the huge tree, I smiled at the three, this has become a regular thing to always do every lunch - sit with them, not that I was complaining I actually found them quite entraining.

One month had passed and two months to go before this horrid game could come to an end but was I truly ready for the game to end? Will that mean losing Jordon, Lorenzo and Brandon if I didn't go through with the game?

"Lexi!" blinking once, I smiled.

"Oh hey guys," I greeted them, taking a sit next to Brandon who had oddly became my friend. I never thought I would be able to call him my friend but we had a bond even if it only consisted of us bickering every chance we got.

"Alex!" Sophia yelled as she tried to throw a leaf at my face but she did not succeed, I watched the leaf slowly fall down onto the wooden bench.

"Yes?"

She groaned. "Are you even listing to me?" No I thought, how could I if there were rumors circulating about Lorenzo and Rachel being a couple.

"Yes, I am." I lied.

She rolled her eyes clearly not believing me but choosing to ignore the fact that I clearly wasn't paying attention to her.

"Well we were planning on skipping school tomorrow thus completing another thing from the bucket list, after all we only have two months and we only completed about three things." She stated, taking a look at the copy she had of the bucket list.

I nodded my head in agreement. "Yah we properly should, we need to complete it all."

"Well that was easy, no fighting over the fact that we plan on skipping school?" I shook my head. "What have you done with the Alex I know?!" Sophia demanded.

I grinned at Sophia and asked, "Did you guys see Lorenzo?" I asked looking around, trying to seem unbothered.

"No, why?" Brandon replied.

"I just wanted to plan a tutor date." I answered dismissively. "Did he catch a ride with you guys?" I questioned again.

Brandon raised a brow. "No."

He was no doubt thinkinghow obsessed I was with Lorenzo. They were acting as if they did not hear therumors. Were they even rumors?