~Chapter 4~

"Let's get to the class trip that will take place in a few months," said our class teacher. More than a month had passed since the first day of school. Max and I were still sitting next to each other. Changing the seats was unsuccessful. Our relationship hadn't changed, we couldn't stand each other and not a single school day had passed without us getting into each other's hair. He was probably born coldhearted and mean, at least that's how it came over.
"Where are we going?" asked Pauline. An annoyed moaning came through the whole class.
"We're going to Paris," it suddenly came from Max, "Even I know it and I've only been here for a month," he added.
"Yes, I just wanted to ask." Why did she always draw the last syllable so long? Couldn't she talk normally?
"It was said last week and I'm sure I said it last year. It is not my problem if you are too stupid to remember that. And with your constant, unnecessary questions you annoy not only me but also the rest of the class." Wow. For the first time, someone told her the truth. Well. Apart from Mia and me maybe.
"Pff", she just made and turned back to the blackboard.
"Okay Maxim, that's enough. Let's get back to the subject. For those of you who are not yet of age, you need a consent form that you can come with us. You have to hand it in on Monday at the latest."
"What if you are now 17 but turn 18 by the time you go to the school trip, you still need this declaration of consent," Pauline asked once again.
"Seriously? Again", Max said annoyed.
"Stop getting mad. You just have to ignore it," I advised him. But I didn't know exactly why I did that, after all, he was really a puke.
"You can't ignore it, every damn topic, no matter which one, and she's got at least 5 unnecessary questions about it," he freaked out. Understandable. It was the same for me at the beginning.
"Then you get upset with every fifth question. It's funny to count them," I said. At first, he looked at me unbelievingly and with a questioning look. But then he laughed. I got into his laughter with him. It sounded real. Lively and not so cold. It was even somehow nice to see that he couldn't just be so cold-hearted. He had a dimple on his left cheek when he laughed. Which made his otherwise striking features seem softer. His teeth were white and straight.
When I realized that I was staring at him, I suddenly looked away. I hoped he hadn't noticed. While the teacher explained to Pauline that she was stupid - okay, actually she only explained to her that until she was not 18 she needed her parents' consent - I looked through the class. My gaze remained on Mia, who looked at me as if she had just received an offer to kill someone.
"What's wrong?" I asked silently. She looked at Max and then at me. She had probably just noticed that we had laughed together. I got mentally ready to get a moral preach from Mia right away.

On the picture, you can see Maxim. At least how I imagine him.
I hope you like it xx