~Chapter 45~

Maxim and I spent the rest of Saturday and Sunday morning together. We did nothing but laying on the couch, talking to each other about everything and nothing and we were eating here and there. Even though we did nothing spectacular, it was nice spending time with Maxim again. It reminded me of the time we had together in Paris. Sunday afternoon Maxim had to got because had to do something and pack his bags. He would fly to New York on Monday. That meant I had to spend the next days alone, by myself. I still haven't cleared out the things with Jacob and me for sure wouldn't be the first one apologising since he was the one who acted like an ass.

In the afternoon I sat at my desk and did all the homework I had to do for the next week. After that, I cleaned the whole house, did the laundry and took a long relaxing bath.
When I woke up in the morning, looking at my phone was the first thing I did. My father has texted me back. And so did Maxim.
"I'm already on my way to NY. My car is in your driveway, keys are in the mailbox. You can drive to school with it or wherever you want. Have fun at school xx
PS: If my car will get even one scratch, I know someone who knows someone who can make anyone disappear without any tracks."
I smiled and texted back.
"Thank you for the car - which is apparently much more important to you than I am - it's really kind of you. Have fun, too xx"
After I got ready, made me some coffee and left the house with my bag. Like Max said his black Audi R8 was standing in my driveway. Unbelievable that he trusted me to drive his car.
I got into the car and pull away. Driving this car was such an incredible feeling. Just amazing. Now I understand why this car was so important to him.
I parked this wonderful beaut on the school park lot and took my phone out of my bag to look if I had any messages.
"Not much more important. You're a close second ;)
PS: You should be still careful tho, this car is like my firstborn", was standing in his text.
"At least I'm a close second :D
PS: Your Baby is perfectly fine and made his way to school without any scratches.", I answered and left the car.
I locked it and put the keys in my bag. With the coffee in my hand, I walked over the schoolyard.
"Hey, Veronica!", I heard someone saying. I turned to the side and saw two girls walking next to me. They were a grade below me and I couldn't remember their names.
"Hey", I said to them and drank my coffee.
"Have you seen the newest GQ?", the blonde one asked me. The newest GQ? What? Ohhh. Of course, the GQ with Maxim's shooting in it. I already forgot it.
"Yes, why?"
"Is it really Maxim?"
"You already know the answer, don't you? So why are you asking me?", I raised one brow and put my lips on the cup. Both turned red and looked at each other embarrassed.
"Is there anything in particular that you want?", I asked them and opened the door to enter the building. When the girl with the red hair wanted to say something, my phone ringed. I took my phone out of my bag and checked my texts.
"I'm glad that you are fine and made it to the school safe and sound ;)
I've got a shooting now. (No girls. Just me.)", this message made my heart beat like a hummingbird. Obviously, I meant his car with Baby, but he called me his baby. Me! And besides that, he made sure that I knew that he was alone and not with some long-legged supermodels. I couldn't stop smiling, apparently, the girls noticed, too, since they were looking at me confused.
"I've to go. If you want anything from him, ask him yourselves."
"Is he at school today?", the blonde one asked. I yelled "No", while walking away from them.
With a bright smile on my face, I went to my classroom and walked to my seat. I threw my bag on the table and sat down.
"I hope it'll stay like that with girls ;)
Have fun at the shooting xx" I barely pressed 'send' when the blue ticks appeared. So he was waiting for my answer.
"Like I already said before, I have no interest in other female human beings. I have everything I need.
PS: I really have to go now xx"

"Good morning, Sweetie. ", Nevel was standing in front of me and smiling at me gross.
"Just two seconds ago, I was perfectly fine.", I answered dry and looked into his face.
"Funny as always", he laughed, "where is your little friend?"
"I hope you understand that he won't get smaller just because you call him like that. He's taller than you"
"Yeah, whatever. Will he make us happy with his presence?"
"No, you can breath freely again. He won't come today", I said.
"Do you really think I'm afraid of him?", he asked me amused.
"I don't just think it, I know it. Behind your wannabe, macho behaviour is nothing but a little boy."
His eyes were opened surprised and shocked. With a smile and a nodding, he tried to hide it. And that showed me that I was dead on.
"That's not true sweet-"
"Nica!", it came from Jacob unexpected and with that he interrupted Matthew. He came over to us and stopped in front of my table.
"Nevel", Jake said and nodded at Matthew. I hold my hand in front of my mouth to hide my laugh.
"Do you have more male bodyguards appearing out of nowhere?", Matthew asked and glanced at Jacob who looked at him confused, shook his head and looked at me again.
"Can we talk for a second?" He wants to apologise.
Just now when I was looking at him I realized how much I've missed him.
I nodded and stood up. He seemed relieved. I grabbed my bag since I didn't trust anyone in this class to leave it here.
"Yes I have ten more spread all over the school", I answered Matthews question.