~Chapter 39~

"So you are really not into him?", Maxim asked with out of nowhere.
"Into who?"
"Into Matthew."
"No. I'm not into him.
"Are you sure?", he went into it. I sat up and looked him into his eyes.
"If I would have feelings for him, I wouldn't be here right now but with him. And besides that, I'm not really keen to idiots."
He raised one of his brows and looked at me with his crooked smirk.
"And what guys are you into then?"
"Narcissistic, who are cocksure of themselves, laddish, arrogant assholes"
"Oh really?", he asked amused.
"Yes I have a real soft spot for assholes", I said put my hand hammy on my chest.
"So I am a narcissistic, who is cocksure of myself, laddish, arrogant asshole?" You are worse than that!
"Who said that I'm into you, though?", I raised my brows and looked at him biding. He laughed and crossed his arms behind his head. His laugh was beautiful, I've missed it. In the past few weeks, he was barely laughing, especially not like now.
"It's nice seeing you like that", he said.
"Like what?"
"Smiling", I noticed only now when he said it, that I was smiling. I guess he had still an influence on my mood.
He stretched himself and his shirt lifted itself and some for me unknown tattoos appeared.
"You have new tattoos", I noted.
"Yeah, I have several new ones. Haven't you seen them yet?", he asked.
"We haven't had many opportunities to spend time together"
"True", he said smiling. All of sudden he stood up and started to unbutton his jeans. I was immediately hot and my pulse climbed up.
"What are you doing?" My voice was high and unexpected squeaky. My face was mostly like a tomato right now.
"Showing you my tattoos", he answered amused and took off his shirt in the meantime. "Why are you so red all of sudden? You already saw me like that, haven't you?" He smirked.
Maxim was standing in front of me only dressed in his black boxers. Compared to Paris, where I saw him the last time this sparsely dressed, he was tattooed everywhere except some parts. His body was covered in black ink. Black ink that was showing many different pictures which were all kind of aligned. A masterpiece on a body.
"The neck isn't ready yet and I have some more in my mind" There's literally no damn space left on your body, where the hell are you going to find more space?, I asked myself but didn't say it out loud.
Now when I was looking at him I noticed that he got, even more, wider, as in more muscles.
"When did you even had time to get them all done?", I asked him.
"I have spent a lot of time in LA, New York and Vegas the past few months", he put his jeans back on again, "Beside the painting stuff I had nothing to do. And through Kylie, I met some good tattoo artists and became friends with them"
He moved closer to me, grabbed the shirt which he had thrown on the bed before and stopped right in front of me.
"I've spent the most time in some studios and got tattooed by some artists", his voice was silent and just a whisper at the end.
Something in his eyes made me stay up. I looked him in his eyes and placed my hands on his chest, I could feel his fast heartbeat.
"Do you know how much I've missed all this?", he asked me in his sexy rough voice which made me breathe quicker.
He enclosed my face with his hands. Not even a second later his wonderful lips were laying on top of mine. He kissed me with so much passion like he never did before. Our lips were melted together. Like caramel. I could feel him smiling into the kiss, with a quick move we both were already on the bed. Well, I was laying on the bed, he was on top of me.
Everything around us was blurred. This here: us both, was the only thing that did matter at this moment. I felt his hands moving under my shirt, how soft and gentle they were stroking over my stomach and my breasts.
He stopped kissing me for a moment and looked at me. A little smile appeared on his lips which were a second later on mine again. I clasped his back and pulled him closer to me.
"Nica", he whispered softly in between the kisses, "Nica wait". I started to kiss his neck. He leaned his head against mine and enjoyed it.
"Nica" I ignored him and continued. "Fuck! Nica wait!", he said now and sat up. I looked at him surprised and waited for him to say something.
He stroke softly over my cheek.
"If you will keep doing that, I will not be able to guarantee for anything", he laughed and I tried to get my normal breathing rhythm back. "I don't want to pressure you or that you will feel forced or something like that", he bowed down, his face was so close to mine I could feel his breath on me. "I don't want you to regret it afterwards", he said and kissed me feathery. "Plus", he sat up again and left the bed, "we are going to have so many more opportunities to do it". He smirked cockily.
I grabbed a pillow and threw it after him but sadly he caught it and flung it laughing right against my face.
"You're awful"
"I know", he laughed and looked at his watch. "You should go now", he said completely serious and for a second I really thought he actually meant that, but then he continued talking, "My wife and my kids will come home soon and I don't want her to think that I'm cheating on her" I stood up and fixed my shirt.
"Yeah of course. I'm already gone. I don't want to get you in trouble", I said sarcastically.

"Do you have a brush, maybe?", I asked him while trying to tame my hair.
"Wait", he said and came over to me. Suddenly he kissed me again and buried his hands in my hair. "Sorry. I just had to do it", he laughed and ruffled through my hair one more time. But this time without kissing.
"Do you know what a damn satisfying feeling that is to know that you forget to breathe because of me", he smirked sassily.
My knees felt worse than pudding right now and my heartbeat equalled that of a hummingbird. But of course, I didn't say it out loud because it would just push his ego more.
"Somewhere in the bathroom should be a brush", he pointed at the door.
"Okay" I entered the bathroom and looked for a brush. Everything was laying on the floor, clothes, towels, even spray cans. I guessed cleaning wasn't his favourite thing to do.
On a shelf, I finally found a brush with which I managed to make my hair look normal again. I put the brush back at the place where I found it and supported myself on the sink and looked in the mirror.

Just yesterday he literally broke my heart and now I was standing in his bathroom. Will it be always like that now? The whole back and forth. I didn't even know what it was between us. Was it a relationship? Something serious? Or just a here-and-there-thing? But exactly that was something I didn't want, I didn't want to be just a here-and-there-thing to him. I wanted something serious with him. I was in love with him and I enjoyed every second of his presence. And that was what scared me. What is if he didn't feel the same? What if he wasn't the type of guy for a serious relationship? He even said it more than once that he wasn't in a relationship before and just wanted to have sex with girls. Maybe he didn't change his opinion and still didn't want a relationship. But he was the one who stopped it earlier. And maybe he did change his opinion on relationships. And he-

"Did you find the- Hey is everything okay?", Maxim asked who was standing in the door all of sudden. I looked at him and noticed his worried face.
"Yeah. Everything's alright", I asserted with a smile.
"Are you sure?", with quick steps, he came to me. I nodded and got pulled into his arms.
"Whatever it is you are worrying about right now, stop it. You are overthinking everything too much." With soft moves, he was going over my hair up and down.
"Are you hungry?", he mumbled into my hair.
"Maybe a little"
"Come with me, I'm going to make something for us", he smiled and gave a little kiss in my forehead. He grabbed my hand and pulled me with him upstairs into the kitchen.
"Chef Maxim will cook you a five-star meal. You should feel incredibly lucky that you are able to see it live." He put demonstrative an apron on. Please note that he still wasn't wearing a shirt.
"I feel honoured", I said laughing.
While he was taking something out of the cupboards, I asked myself how someone could look this sexy.
"What are you cooking? If I'm allowed to ask of course"
"Of course you can ask, miss. I, chef Maxim, will prepare, just for you only, a dough base coated with the finest sauce out of tomatoes, on top of it full-flavoured salami, delicious mozzarella cheese from Italy, refined with freshly picked basil leaves."
"So, frozen pizza", I said and laughed amused and he rolled with his eyes.
"Yeah, frozen pizza"

I hope you like it!
It'll be nice if you could give me feedback. Thanks for everything xx