~Chapter 61~

"When did you drew this?", I asked him and pointed at my drawing.
"Not long ago when you were playing with Sophie", he told, "but this drawing was a fail." I looked at him shocked.
"This is a fail? It looks exactly like me. This drawing is beautiful!"
"No. You are beautiful. This drawing is just a cheap copy of you. No matter how many times I've tried to draw you it was always a disappointment because it never does you justice."
"There are more?", I asked surprised.
"Yes. Heaps of. But I threw them all in the trash."
"You're an idiot. An incredibly talented idiot but still an idiot!", I said and kissed him. "I love your drawings and I feel honored that you drew me. I'm keeping this one", I pointed at the drawing of me, "and if you'll dare throw it away, I will punch you!"
"I'm already afraid!", he said smirking.
"You should be!", I threatened him playfully serious. He smiled big and kissed me again.
"Do you know which drawing, beside mine, I think is the best?", I asked him.
"Which one? The dove of peace?"
"No. This one.", I said and flipped to the drawing of his mother. "This is exactly how I saw her. If she would see it, she would be really really proud of you. Although I think she already is. Both are."
"I don't know what I wouldn't do to see them again.", he admitted and his voice sounded quiet and died at the end of the sentence. Softly I let my fingertips drive over his cheeks.
"I never had the opportunity to have one of those typical father-son conversations. I was never able to ask someone how to treat a girl on a first date - okay I never had a first date - but even those embarrassing sex education conversations that parents always have with their children, I never had them. I think I would have thousand of those embarrassing conversations right now just to have them back and I could talk to them.", he looked past me with a terribly sad expression on his face. "But even if I had the opportunity to talk to them I don't think I would be able to say one word but just stare at them.", he laughed. It wasn't a chuckling, happy laugh which I loved so much. It was a sad laugh, with so much pain in it that it broke my heart.
"I would do everything to bring your parents back to life, Maxim. And I know that it isn't the same but I'm always there for you. And you can always talk to me, no matter what it is about. I don't think it is necessary anymore but I would even have one of those sex education conversations with y-", Maxim took my face into his hands and kissed me passionately. There was a lot of pain in this kiss and a mixture of grief, passion and something else.
"Thank you!", he said and looked me into my eyes.
"What for?", I asked him and stroke with my thumb over his cheek.
"For your heart.", he and whispered tenderly.
"It belongs to you!" My cheeks were glowing when I placed my lips on his again.
"I hate to interrupt but we will land in 15 minutes. You should go to your own seat and put the seatbelt on.", Sarah interrupted us and with every second that passed the reluctance towards her grew.
"You have perfect timing, Sarah!", Maxim said annoyed.
"I know!", she answered and smiled like a snake. Instead of leaving, since she had delivered the message successfully, she kept staying next to our seats stubborn. I could feel her eyes burning my back when I turned to Maxim again and he looked at me, too. On principle, I kissed Maxim one last passionate time and then he stood up. I put the belt on and Maxim did the same.
"Happy?", Maxim asked and looked at her annoyed. She smiled pleased with herself and strutted back to her seat.
"Would it be mean if I'd say now that I don't like her?", I asked Maxim quietly. He laughed and shook his head.
"She isn't that bad actually."
"Remember when I said the same about Mia and it still didn't change your opinion?"
"Yes, but Sarah really isn't as bad as she may seem at first. Mia, though, is after the 10th time still a bitch."
"She isn't a bitch, Max. She is still my best friend!", I defended her.
"Whatever."
"And also, of course, Sarah is nice to you, at the end of the day you are paying her. She doesn't like me exactly like I don't like her. And she isn't into me after all."
"Into me neither!", he claimed.
"Oh come on!", he said and I didn't believe a word he was saying. As if he wasn't aware of the fact that she liked him! "She's obviously into you! That's why she can't stand me! Because she was hoping to be alone with you."
"I don't think that she's into me but still there's nothing for you to be worried about!", he assured.
"I'm not."
"Not?", he asked disbelievingly.
"No. I'm not worried about her. I just can't stand her. It's not that she's ugly, she's beautiful but she's no competition for me."
"Uhh, my girl's biting!", he laughed mischievously and his eyes were shining.
"Your girl just knows what belongs to her."

Maxim had a suite in the hotel in Barcelona. The suite was furnished modern and had next to the bedroom a giant bathroom, covered in marble and an open eat-in kitchen. I explored the bedroom when Maxim came out of nowhere, grabbed my waist and threw himself and me too on the bed, which was incredibly comfortable I might add.
"This is exactly the reason why I wanted you to come with me.", he said. He was laying on top of me and looked me in the eyes.
"To throw me on the bed?"
"No", he said, "well, that one too.", he laughed. "No, to spend time with you again. With you alone. I missed you the past days. I never had you for me alone."
The last days were stressful because of all the exams and Maxim was busy with some jobs and other stuff. And when we had some free time, Sophie was with us. And we haven't slept at each other's, which meant that even though we were together we weren't alone. We had the hours before the flight together but we wasted them with packing my suitcase and other things...
"I've missed you, too.", I said softly and he bowed down to me and kissed me.
"We have the whole day. Whatchu wanna do?", he asked me.
"I don't know. What can you do here in Barcelona? You were here before, weren't you?"
"Yes. Barcelona is basically my second home.", he answered. "So, we could go out and go to the beach or we could go shopping. Or-" I interrupted him by kissing and pulling him closer.
"Or we could stay in the suite.", I suggested and slid my hands under his shirt, up his back.
"Wonderful idea!", he whispered smiled against my lips. I took his shirt off and threw it on the floor. I was so incredibly hot and because of his body, which was laying on top of me, made me feel like I was glowing. Even when I was just in my underwear in front of him, the glow didn't go away, if anything, we were both electrically charged.
"You are so sexy!", he whispered between the kisses. His hands were wandering up my chest down to my stomach. I buried my fingers into his back and at the moment I was glad that his skin was fully tattooed so you couldn't see the scratches on his back.
But a knock on the door and the sound of high heels wiped out the fire completely.
"Ugh", he sighed annoyed and rolled himself off me. He got up and put on his pants.
"Maxim?", Sarah shouted and her voice sounded dangerously close.
"Sarah, I swear to god, if you will come into this room I will lose it!", Maxim warned her while buttoning up his jeans. I got up, too, and grabbed my clothes which were on the floor.
"Maxim, I have to talk to you!", she shouted again. I slipped into my shorts and shirt and tried to tame my hair.
"Just wait! I'm coming already!", he said angry and walked into the living space. "What do you want from me?", he asked while he slipped on his shirt. Sarah was standing with her phone in the middle of the living space and was tapping her foot up and down. She had crossed her arms in front of her chest and her expression was like the one of a hellcat.
"We are having dinner in an hour with the client.", she told him.
"And you couldn't have texted me?", he asked her and walked to the fridge. With two water bottles, he came back and gave me one of them before leaning against the couch. I thanked him with a quick smile, which he returned with a wink.
"You could've texted me instead of showing up here and besides how do have a key to my room?", with a whizz, he opened his bottle.
"George has a keycard. For emergencies.", she explained.
"And that was an emergency?", he asked and raised his brow.
"In 40 minutes I'm expecting you in the lobby.", she said without responding to the question. She made one-eighty and strutted to the door. "And Maxim, I hope you didn't forget what you get paid for. For this", her eyes wandered from him to me and back, "definitely not!"
"Funny! I was about to say the same thing!", he put a fake smile on, "I hope you didn't forget that I am the one paying you and not the other way round!", he hit back and with banging the door she left.

I really hope you like it xx