Thanksgiving

Cheyenne's POV
Brantley and I have been together for about 8 months now and living together for about 2 months. I've been on the road with Brantley for the last few weeks but we are headed back to Jefferson for Thanksgiving tomorrow. It's going to be a short trip because we have to be back on the road Friday morning. "Mama Becky said my mama and daddy are coming to dinner tomorrow night too." I tell Brantley with a smile as I sit in his lap. "That's great baby. I can't wait to see them." He days as he leans in and kisses me. He hasn't seen my parents since the first time we dated. Even though he seems excited, I can tell that he is nervous. "What do you say we go to bed?" I say with a wink climbing out of his lap. "I say he'll yeah." Brantley says laughing as I pull him to the bed.

Brantley's POV
After a very fun filled night with Cheyenne, the bus has finally pulled up to Mama's house. Before we can even walk off the bus, Mama is running through the yard to come greet us. "Oh there's my babies!" She says excitedly as she hugs Cheyenne and I. We walk into the house and Cheyenne and Mama head into the kitchen to finish making dinner. I'm in the living room with Kolby watching football when the doorbell rings. "I'll get it Mama!" I yell as I go to open the door. When I open it, I am face to face with Cheyenne's parents.

Cheyenne's parents walk into the house and Penny, Chey's mom, gives me a hug. "Thank you for making my baby happy again." She says pulling out of the hug. Greg, Cheyenne's dad, has an unreadable expression on his face before reaching his hand out for me to shake. "Glad you're back buddy." He says. "I'm happy to be back in Chey's life. She was the one who got away." "Awe baby you're so sweet! I love you." Cheyenne says walking up behind me. I turn around and pull her into my arms and kiss her forehead. "Come on y'all, dinner is ready." Mama says walking in the room.

Cheyenne's POV
After dinner, we all sat around and talked for a bit. Mama and Daddy left once Mama started falling asleep. Brantley has his head resting in my lap and I'm running my hand through his buzzed hair. He is out like a light. "Brantley, baby, let's go home." I say rubbing his arm. He gets up and we both say our goodbyes to Mama Becky and Kolby. Once we get home, we lock the door and head straight upstairs. "I'm so full and I can't wait to get some sleep." I say walking up the stairs. "Me either baby." Brantley agrees as we walk into our bedroom. We quickly change clothes and climb into bed. Within minutes, we are both sound asleep.