We're Engaged

Brantley's POV
Today is the day. The day that I'm going to ask Cheyenne to be my wife. It's Valentine's Day, yes I know that's cliche, and I'm headed home. I've been on a radio tour in Florida for the last week. I'm getting ready to release a new album so I had to do some promotional stuff. Cheyenne has been in Los Angeles doing press conferences to explain why she left the show. I'm hoping to beat her home so I can surprise her. Her parents and my mama and my brother and all our friends are going to be there for this. I'm so nervous.

I just got home and my mama has everything set up. I get a text from Cheyenne saying she will be home in about 30 minutes. I quickly change clothes and leave a note next to the dress she will put on and make my way outside. I'm standing by the pond with white lights hanging in the tree and our families hiding where they can see But Cheyenne can't see them. After about 20 minutes of waiting, I see Cheyenne coming towards me. My God, she looks gorgeous.

Cheyenne's POV
"Brantley, I'm home." I say walking through the front door. When I don't get a response, I make my way upstairs. Maybe he is in the shower. I walk into our room and see a beautiful dress laying on the bed with a note next to it. "Put this on and meet me down by the water. I love you. Brantley." I read and a smile appears on my face. What on earth is he up to? I quickly change into my dress and slide on my shoes and start making my way to the pond. I can see white lights in the trees and I see Brantley standing there in a black button up shirt with his leather jacket and his dark jeans. He's looking mighty handsome. When he meets my state, he smiles and walks over to me and kisses me softly. "You look beautiful."

"Brantley Keith, what is all this?" I say smiling as I pull away from the kiss. I can see a nervous look spread across his face and then he gets down on one knee. "Cheyenne, I love you with my whole being. Going without you all that time was the worst part of my life. I've always known that you were the one for me and I have no intentions of letting you slip away ever again. Cheyenne Nicole Carter, will you marry me?" I put my hand over my mouth and the tears are streaming down my face. The longer it takes me to answer, he gets a sad look on his face. "Yes Brantley, I will marry you." He slides the ring on my finger and kisses me. When we pull away, I see camera flashes and hear cheers coming towards us. I can't believe that everyone is here for this. My mama and Sophia run up to me and hug me and we look down at the ring and scream. My whole family and all the people I love are here and I get to marry the love of my life. This is by far, the best night of my life.