Time Apart

Cheyenne's POV
I'm a little over four months pregnant now and I'm loving every minute of it. I still don't have much of a baby bump, which slightly disappoints Brantley and I both. We can't wait until I get a belly. Brantley left about a month ago to do some Farm Tour shows with Luke Bryan. I haven't seen him since he left and I'm going crazy. I hate when we have to spend time apart. Right now I'm laying in bed trying to decide if I really want to get up. I haven't been this comfortable in a while. I decide to get out of bed because now I have to pee. When I'm done, I hear my phone ringing in the room. "Hey baby!" I say almost out of breath when I answer Brantley's call. "You ok baby girl?" He asks with concern in his voice. "Oh yeah. I just kind of ran to answer the phone because I was in the other room." I say with a laugh. As I'm talking to Brantley, I look in my full length mirror and I get a huge smile on my face. My baby bump finally popped. Instead of telling Brantley, I'm gonna make the trip to South Dakota and show him.

(A Few Days Later)
I'm standing in the Atlanta airport waiting to board my plane. I send Caroline, Luke's wife, a text that I will be there soon. She's my ride from the airport obviously. I can't wait to see Brantley, and I can't wait to see his face when he sees my belly. I get on the plane and get relaxed in my seat. The closer I get to seeing Brantley, the more excited I become. When I land in South Dakota, I go to baggage claim and Caroline is standing there waiting for me. "Hey girl, how was the flight?" She asks when she walks up to me. "It was ok. Apparently the baby doesn't like to fly because I've been nauseous the whole time." I say with a small laugh. Caroline and I make our way to her car and head to the farm.

"How are you planning to surprise him?" Caroline asks while driving. "I thought about waiting and doing it during the show, but everyone does that. I think I'm just gonna do it as soon as we get there. I just wanna put on cooler clothes first, these sweats are too hot." About ten minutes later, we are pulling in to where the buses are. I see Brantley and Luke playing football with their band guys. Caroline and I get out of the car and go into Luke's bus so I can change real quick. I put on my pink tank top, that fits tight on my bump, and my shorts and make my way outside.

Brantley's POV
I'm playing football with Luke and the guys to pass the time before the show tonight. "Hey handsome." I hear a woman say behind me. I know that voice, that's my baby girl. I turn around and see Cheyenne and my eyes instantly go to her now showing baby bump. "Baby, what are you doing here?" I say walking up to her and kissing her. I pull away and put my hands on her belly. "I wanted to come and surprise you." She says putting her hands on top of mine. "I'm happy you did. How long are you with us?" "I leave tomorrow morning when y'all head out. I have a doctor's appointment the day after." She says kissing me again. "Then I guess I have to soak up as much time with you as possible."

Cheyenne and I are laying on my bed on the bus, trying to relax before the show. "You know that I'm supposed to find out the sex of the baby at my doctor's appointment right?" Cheyenne says sadly. "Well as much as I wish I could be there for that, you can just tell me after." I say just as sad as I lean over and kiss her cheek. "No, I want us to find out together. I'll have Sophia go with me and she can find out and tell us later." She says pulling out her phone to text Sophia. "Let's take a nap before the show." I say as we both cuddle up and start to fall asleep.

Luke is putting on an awesome show like he does every night and it's almost time for me to go and join him. Cheyenne looks amazing as always. She is wearing a gold and silver sparkly tank top and jean shorts. I am a lucky man. "Alright baby, I gotta hit the stage. Give me a kiss." She kisses me with a smile and I run out on stage. After the show, I'm laying in bed with a sound asleep Cheyenne and rubbing her belly. I hate that she's leaving in the morning. One more week and I'll be home for awhile.