Chapter 13

edited : 26-12-2016•

The last two days have been amazing. Max and I just basically watched the entire first season of Prison Break, ate and trained.

Max is showering right now and I'm making lunch. It's thursday, we just came back from training with John. I already showered so I decided to just make lunch for us. I put on some music and Scars To Your Beautiful is on. I love this song. I've been singing along with the song.

"There's a hope that's waiting for you in the dark. You should know you're beautiful, just the way you are. You don't have to change a thing, the world could change it's heart. No scars to your beautiful, we're stars and we're beautiful" I sing. The song ends moments later and when I turn around, to grab something, I am faced with Max, who has a big smile on his face. I immediately turn red, as I understand that he just heard me sing.

"You have an amazing voice" he says. I shake my head and put two plates together with burgers and some oven baked fries. I put two glasses with the plates, for Max with coke and for me with Fanta. Max smiles and sits down. I sit down accross from him and we start eating.

"Can I ask you something?" I look at Max as he asks me this and he looks serious, all of a sudden. I nod slowly. Last time he was this serious, he asked about accidents.

"What do you feel when we're not together?" he asks. He looks nervous for my answer. I'm really trying to think of a good way to answer this, without sounding too desperate.

"I feel lonely, like something is missing. Half of the time I feel depressed and I feel relieved when you text me. I feel like listening to sad music because honestly, I really miss you when you're away from me" I say. Well, forget about that not wanting to sound desperate. But Max gets a smile on his face.

"I'm glad you feel that way" he says.

"Why?" I ask him. He seems to be having trouble finding the right answer as well.

"Because that's exactly how I feel. When we're not together, I feel myself constantly thinking about you, what you'd be doing at the moment and how you'd be looking. I find myself missing you, a lot. I feel sad, like you said. I find myself staring at pictures of you, trying to feel close to you" he says. I feel butterflies exploding in my stomach.

"You thought my voice was good right?" I ask him. He frowns, probably wondering why the hell I just asked that, but he nods.

"There's this song that I listen to, every night before going to sleep when you're away" I say. I go to my playlist and click on a song.

"Within a minute I was all packed up. I got a ticket to another world. I don't want to go, I don't want to go. Silent words are hard to speak. When your thoughts are all I see. 'Don't ever leave' she said to me. When we both fall asleep, underneath the same sky. To the beat of our hearts at the same time. So close but so far away.

She sleeps, alone. My heart wants to come home. I wish I was, I wish I was, beside you. She lies, awake. I'm trying to find the words to say. I wish I was, I wish I was, beside you.

Another day and I'm somewhere new. Made a promise that I'll come home soon. Bring me back, bring me back to you.

When we both wake up, underneath the same sun. Time stops, I wish that I could rewind. So close but so far away.

She sleeps, alone. My heart wants to come home. I wish I was, I wish I was, beside you. She lies, awake. I'm trying to find the words to say. I wish I was, I wish I was, beside you.

The pieces of us both. Under every city light. And they're shining as we fade into the night.

She sleeps, alone. My heart wants to come home. I wish I was, I wish I was.

She sleeps, alone. My heart wants to come home. I wish I was, I wish I was, beside you. She lies, awake. I'm trying to find the words to say. I wish I was, I wish I was, beside you."

I finish the song and Max looks sad, but has a small smile on his face.

"That's the perfect song to describe my feelings" I explain.

"It makes me sad, but also kind of close to you" I continue. Max nods, taking in every word I just sang and said.

"Do you think we could make it work?" he now looks up to me, when asking this. I see the scared look in his eyes. But I do think we could work it out. We're strong enough.

"I think so, yeah. We just need to put in all the effort we both have" I say. He nods and gets a bigger smile on his face.

"Last question then. Do you please want to be my girlfriend?" he asks me. And, here are the butterflies again. I don't even know how to say yes. But my smile shows Max my answer already.

"Off course" I finally answer. Max's smile gets as wide as possible and he walks over to me. I stand up and jump into his arms. He kisses me softly and spins me around at the same thing. I kiss him back.

I couldn't stop smiling for the rest of that day.