Chapter 28

Edited: 08-01-2017

Getting home after an amazing weekend is awfull. Max finished on P2 after the race, which is amazing. Rose and Marcel had gone out on Saturday night again and are talking a lot. Rose says she likes him, but doesn't know if things will work out, because of his job.

We spend Saturday night with Jos and Victoria, them getting to know me a bit better and just having some fun.

Daniel's girlfriend Victoria, managed to fly out on sunday and we spend some time with her as well. But now, it's sunday night and Rose and I are home. Actually, Rose is at her own house, I'm at mine and Max had gone with his dad and sister. There isn't a race next week, which means we can spend some time together. But Max also wants to spend some time with his friends, which I understand. And he should.

My phone starts ringing and the called ID says unknown.

"Hello, this is Jasmin Hall" I answer.

"Hello miss Hall, this is Alex Meer talking. Your principal contacted me about maybe some changes in exams for you, as you're with an important job. I looked into everything and I can plan all your exams that you still have to take on one day, so you won't have to go back to school for the exams. You won't have to deal with getting off and everything" the man talks. My eyes just widen.

"That would be amazing, sir"

"I'm glad. We could do everything on this Thursday, as I understood there won't be any job things this weekend for you. You know what you have to study and what needs to be done, so I hope you'll be ready by then"

"I will. This is great, thank you so much" I answer and mean every word. This is great. I won't have to go to school, ever again, if I pass.

"You're welcome. So, 9 A.M at the usual exam centre. Good luck Miss Hall" Alex Meer says and hangs up after me saying bye. I can't wait to take the exams and get it over with. I'm ready for the next step in my life. For the next chapter to start.

---

It's Thursday. I've studied as hard as I could and now I have to take 3 exams, my final ones. An English reading test, a French reading test and a Dutch writing test. I've done everything I could and I'm ready. I'm sitting at a desk with the 3 exams in front of me. I can do them in any order I want. All I have to do is do them all, hand them in and then tomorrow, I'll get a call, telling me if I passed or didn't. They have the results of my other exams already but they're not allowed to tell me anything.

The woman who is in front of the room, checking everything, gives me a sign that I can start. I start with French, which is the hardest for me. I love the language, but it's damn hard. But this exam, it's going pretty well.

I finish it after an hour and get on with Dutch. I read the information and write the letter as well as I can. This is my best thing about Dutch, writing letters. I always get the highest grades for them and I hope I do the exam as well as I usually do my tests.

I finish the letter after another hour and open my English exam. I read the text and answer the questions. I find it quite easy and I'm finished after 20 minutes. I frown, look through the exams and then decide to just hand them in, before I start to doubt my every answer. I hand them and want to walk away.

"If you want, you can wait here while I check the answers and you'll know if you're graduating or not" she says with a smile.

"You'd do that?" I ask her, my voice filled with nerves and disbelief.

"Yeah, I know who you are and I also know how important it is for you, so for you to wait another day, I won't do that to you" she says. I then nod and take a seat, waiting for her to give me my results.

--

I sit in my car, phone in my hands. I slowly press Max's number, and I hear the beeps.
After three rings, Max picks up.

"Babe?!"

"Hey" I simply say, not knowing how to tell him what I'm about to tell him.

"How did your exams go?" he asks. I can hear the nerves, but also excitement in his voice. He's probably smiling, but not sure what to expect.

"It went okay. The lady checked my answers straight away" I say. It stays silent for a few seconds.

"She did? Do you know the results?"

"I do" I say. I can hear Max take a deep breath.

"So ? Did you pass or fail?" he asks, trying to sound as nice as he possibly can while saying the word fail.

"Technically, you've got yourself a flight attendant as girlfriend now" I say, letting my voice fill with happiness.

"YOU PASSED?!" Max yells through the phone. I let out a laugh, a proud one. I passed. I finished my school. I got my degree. Most importantly, I can work for Red Bull, for Max, without any problems now.

"I DID!" I yell back. I hear Max cheering and laughing through the phone.

"I'm so proud of you babe!" he says. I smile, feeling my eyes water. Damn nerves, they always get me.

"Thank you, I'm so happy! The lady said I did a great job. My Dutch average was a 8, English a 9 and French a 7, so I did really well" I tell Max. I have to do 5 exams for every language I took, which turned into an average grade and that had to be higher than a 5.5. I passed easily.

"God, I'm so proud, I can't even explain it" Max says. I laugh.

"Thank you. When I next see you, we'll celebrate!" I tell him.

"Deal!" he says. We talk a bit more before I hang up and drive home.

-

I arrive home and my parents aren't home. I walk into my house and I can hear music. I frown and walk into the livingroom. As I take in what is happening in the livingroom, my eyes widen, my mouth falls slightly open and my stomach fills with butterflies.