Chapter 32

Edited : 13-01-2017

I walk onto the track and head straight for the Red Bull garage. I walk in and see Marcel straight away.

"Jasmin!" he yells and smiles brightly. I walk over to him and hug him.

"Hey Marcel, how are you?" I ask him.

"I'm great, thank you. Did you have a good flight?" he asks me. I nod while sitting down. I don't see Max, who is probably doing his track walk now or is at the briefing.

"Yeah, I met the nicest girl"

"Yeah, Max told me already. I think it's great that you think about people like that, wanting to give them better seats and stuff" Marcel says. I smile at him and nod. I feel great for doing good things for people.

"Jasmin, it's good to see you again" I turn around and I'm greeted by Christian, who hugs me. I smile at the Red Bull boss and nod my head.

"It's good to see you as well!" I say. Roy, Marcel's right hand, walks in and greets me as well. After him, Max walks in and his eyes light up when he sees me. He walks over to me and puts his arms around me. I press my lips against his cheek.

"Hey babe, was your flight okay?" he asks me as he pulls away.

"Yeah, it was fine, I was sitting next to Jamie, the girl I met, so it was all good" I tell Max. He nods and goes to his backpack, that is sitting on a table at the back of the paddock. He takes out his two passes and hands them to me. I put them in my own bag and smile at Max.

"I'm meeting them at 8 tonight" I tell Max.

"Good, do you want me to come with?" Max asks, but I can see how unsure he is about his question. I shake my head because of that.

"No, they'll meet you tomorrow" I say to Max. He nods and looks at Marcel and Roy.

"The boys have asked me to go out tonight, Dan's team is going as well. Do you mind?" he asks me. I shake my head with a smile.

"No, off course not, why would I mind?" I ask him. Max shruggs but smiles at the boys. Roy highfives Marcel who just laughs. I bet they haven't gone out in a long time. Daniel comes walking in with his usual bright smile. He hugs me and puts his arms around Max and Marcel.

"Are we on for tonight?" Daniel asks, looking at me. I just smile at him and sit back down.

"We are!" Roy yells and puts his arm around Max as well. Christian just laughs and shakes his head before walking away. Daniel's head engineer and his right hand walk in as well. I have never officially met them, as they're never in Max's side of the garage.

"You're Jasmin, right?" one of them asks. I nod and stand up to shake their hands.

"I'm Jake, Dan's head engineer and this is Mark" Jake says and I smile.

"It's nice to meet you guys!" I look at the time and see it's time for my briefing.

"Have fun tonight, you all deserve some good fun! I'll see you later, Max" I tell them all. They all wave to me and get on in conversation. Max looks at me with a smile on his face, that reaches his eyes as well. I wave another time to him and he waves back. I walk towards my usually spot and sit down next to Christian.

"Max is really cautious about these kind of things" Christian says, as no one else is here yet. I look at him and frown.

"With asking if you're okay with him going out. I remember Daniel talking about his last girlfriend hating it. When he was with Toro Rosso, they used to go and have some fun, the 4 of them. His last girlfriend yelled at him for getting drunk, while he never did something wrong. He is really scared you'll be the same" Christian says and finally looks me in the eye.