Chapter 69

As usual, I'm bouncing my leg up and down. I'm sitting at the pitwall with Rose, Megan and Jacky, ready for qualifying. I just want Max to have a good last qualifying of the season. It still feels weird, it being the last one. But I'm ready for a break.

The timer for Q1 starts and I feel the nerves building up as I see some cars leaving the garage. I just stare at the monitors, until I see Max's car going out of the garage. I nod towards the girls, so they know Max is going to set his time for Q1.

I'm normally not even nervous for Q1, so I don't know why I'm nervous now. Soon enough Max's timer starts as he's setting a time. I follow his car around the track, making sure to focus on points where he can improve.

He does really well, though, setting a lap time of 1.40.424, being P4 at the end of Q1. Ericsson, Sainz, Ocon, Nasr, Magnussen and Kvyat are out of Q1, moving onto Q2.

Max cars leaves the garage, making sure my attention is pointed towards it. Max's car seems to be doing fine, but I can't help but be annoyed that the Ferrari's seem to be quicker. But much to my liking, Max is faster than one of them in Q2, setting again a 4th time, beating Vettel. Dan sets a 6th time for now, moving to Q3, like Max, Lewis, Nico R, Sebastian, Kimi, Nico H, Sergio, Felipe M and Fernando.

"Last round of the season, Max. Make sure it's a good one!" I tell him through the radio. Max answers with two purple sector times, that is until sector 3, there he locks up a bit before finishing his lap. It's still a good time, so I don't mind that he locked up. He has to do another run anyway.

Soon enough, all the cars leave the garage for the second run. Max is one of the last to start his lap time. He does again really well in the first 2 sectors, being really quick and close to Lewis. He then locks up big time in the same corner as his first run, ruining his time. He just moves into the pitlane, stopping his time. I sigh, but see he has a 6th position, which is better than I had thought.

"Shame about the last sector, but a good qualifying, Max. You're starting from P6" I tell Max.

"I'm sorry I let you down" Max answers, making me frown. I decide to not answer, I'll talk to him about it face to face. He didn't let me down. He made a mistake, but that can happen to anyone.

Anyway, the top 10 looks like this :

HAM, ROS, RIC, RAI, VET, VES, HUL, PER, ALO, MAS

--

We're standing in the garage, talking about qualifying. Rose is leaning onto Marcel, while Jacky and Megan are still getting to know everyone, talking to various team members.

I look up and see Christian walking towards me, smiling at the others standing near me.

"I am afraid I have to borrow you for a second, Jasmin" he says. I nod and walk away with him. After about 5 minutes of walking, I see Max, Daniel and Femke standing together, talking. Max smiles when he sees me, reassuring me that he is fine. I go stand with the three of them, all of us turning to Christian.

"So, we think it's time to announce to the fans what the team will look like next year. We want to take a picture and post it on social media of you 4" Christian explains. We all nod and stand together. Max and Daniel are in the middle. Femke is standing next to Daniel and I'm standing next to Max. I lay my arm on his shoulder, Femke doing the same with Daniel. We all smile and Christian takes the picture.

"Alright, thank you! I'll make sure it's up on our social media accounts today!" Christian says, walking away shortly after. I then turn to Max.

"You didn't let me down. You did really well" I tell him and kiss his cheek, making him smile.

"I just wished I did better" he says. I just smile at him, not really wanting him to feel down. So I just grab his hand and we make our way to the garage. We have to talk to Marcel about strategy for tomorrow, seeing as have a few positions to make up for.

--

In the evening, Max and I are just chilling in our hotel room, watching Prison Break that we still haven't finished. When we have finished yet another episode, I grab my phone and go to RB's twitter page. I spot myself and see that the photo is posted.

RedBullRacing : we're happy to announce that our drivers duo will stay with us in 2017, along with their ladies communicating with them! Both the ladies having their first full season next year! We'll be unstoppable! x

I smile at the picture. The 4 of us look so happy. It also makes me think back to where I was last year and where I am now.

Last year, I was convinced that I'd be working for KLM right now. I was ready to graduate and work in the air.

I would've never thought that a year later, I'd be laying in bed with Max Verstappen at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, where I'll be working for Red Bull Racing. I would've laughed at the person who said this would happen to me.

"What are you thinking about?" Max asks me, sensing that I'm far from reality right now. I look at him and smile even brighter.

"How much my life has changed in a course of a few months" I answer him.

"I should really thank my dad for it, though. Without him, my life wouldn't be like this" I continue, thinking about it. If my dad never took me to the Spanish Grand Prix, I wouldn't have met Max, or would've been working for Red Bull.

"I know, we should really thank him more often" Max says, kissing my head.

"We owe him a lot" I say and smile.

"We should also book that holiday we got you for graduating soon" Max suddenly says. I totally forgot about that. But we have a lot of time in the next couple of months.

"What about after new years? We can go from Australia straight to America" I say. Max nods with a big smile, walking over to where is laptop is. He brings it to bed with him and we search the internet for a house we can rent. We have to book a flight, using the coupon they got us. Luckily, I always have it with me.

At the end of the night, we have booked the flight, leaving from Perth to Orlando on January 2nd. We are staying 3 weeks. We have booked an house to stay in, in Kissimmee, which is a small town close to Orlando. It has it's own pool and all, so we thought that'd be relaxing. We won't be bothered by other people when we would've stayed in a hotel.

It's an amazing thing to look forward too, but we first have other things to worry about. The last race of the season, the FIA awards, the RB christmas party, christmas and surviving new years in Australia.

-----------------------

:D Another chapter ! Hope you liked it!

xxxx <3