Chapter 72

Both Max and I are watching the TV with wide eyes and an open mouth. It's the day of the FIA Awards Giving in Vienna and right now, we're in the hotel. But what is making us look at the TV wide eyed, is the headline that is on the TV, as the top 3 drivers are giving press conferences. The headline is giving my heart a hard time.

Nico Rosberg retires from Formula 1 after winning his first World Championship.

That's the headline. I'm turning my head to look at Max, after Nico has given his statement onto why. I never knew he felt like that.

"This is insane" Max says softly, still staring at the TV. Nico obviously is a good friend of us, so this really is very, very strange.

"It will be such a weird night" I tell him. Max turns to look at me now as well.

"I did not see this coming, at all" Max says, frowning slightly. I just nod slowly, not really knowing what to say. Both our phones start buzzing like crazy. I see that people in the groupchat are talking about it.

Seb : DID ANYONE KNEW ABOUT THIS ?!?!

Lewis : i didn't know, but i saw it coming

Dan : this is so weird, i did not see it coming..

Marcel : what's going on?!?!?!?!?

Rose : marcel is so confused, and so am I......

Me : where the hell are you two ?

Max <3 : nico just announced his retirement

Nico : hey guys....

Nico : i'm so sorry for not telling you first

Nico : it was already very difficult to tell Toto, let alone you all..

Me : look, we understand it, we just are all in shock..

Dan :  we still love you man!

Jenson : admit it, you just wanted the cake Felipe and I shared?!

Nico : you got me there!

I put my phone away, as I see the time. I really have got to get ready. I give Max's cheek a kiss and make my way to the bathroom, starting on my routine.

I'm standing in front of the mirror, looking at myself. I am very proud of myself, making myself look good enough to walk beside Max on the red carpet later on.

"Babe? Are you almost ready?" Max yells from outside the bathroom. I take one last glance before I turn around and walk out of the bathroom. Max turns around and looks at me, his mouth falling open for the second time today. He looks me up and down and I twirl for him, making him chuckle.

"You look gorgeous" Max says, walking over to me to kiss me quickly.

"Let me take a picture" Max says. I pose for the pictures and Max sends them to me, so I can post it on Instagram.

 I pose for the pictures and Max sends them to me, so I can post it on Instagram