Chapter 47

It's been a hectic few weeks. First of all, race weekend in Italy. Max qualified 7th and finished 7th in the race. Italy is not a great circuit for Red Bull. Daniel qualified 6th and finished 5th. Both Mercedes and Ferrari cars were in front of them.

Rose did come along to Italy, as she took a stop year from college. She graduated as well, but wants to study some more, but not for a whole year. She decided to come along to every race if we want her there. Her and Marcel are good together. I'm happy for her and she is really happy.

Coming back from the race, I stayed with Max in Milton Keynes for a week, as Max had to do some simulator work at the Factory and as his communicator, I had to be there to takes notes on his laps for Singapore. Max rents a appartment when he is there, so he doesn't have to stay in a hotel.

Singapore is where we are now. Rose is with us and staying in Marcel's room. Those two are together every moment of the day when they can. It's qualifying day today. Rose is sitting next to me, to not distract Marcel. Her words, not mine. I am ready for a good qualifying. I'm ready for Max to take another podium this weekend. When he did the simulator, he had great lap times.

Q1 starts and some cars take a grid. Max sets his first time and he does great.

"Lap time is 1.45.036, P3 Max" I tell him. Femke tells Daniel's time and he has P1 right now. I nod and the times and see he is just a bit quicker than Max. Both Rosberg and Hamilton are behind both Red Bull's in Q1, which is something that rarely happens. Rose is smiling when everything goes right. We say good bye to Vettel, Ocon, Wehrlein, Palmer, Nasr and Magnussen after Q1.

Q2 starts and this time, Mercedes is in front of Red Bull. Daniel is on P3 and Max on P4. I tell Max his lap time and he doesn't react. I just ignore it and concentrate. The difference between Daniel and Max is 0.200 seconds. That is not much. He should be able to push further. Ericsson, Grosjean, Gutierrez, Button, Massa and Bottas are out after Q2 and we are down to the top 10. The part where I always become more nervous. I see Femke being nervous right now as well, bouncing her leg. Something she learnt from me. I do the same.

Max does his second run, just as everyone else does. I see Daniel being even better than Hamilton. The top 5 are within a second off each other.

"Lap time is 1.43.328, P4 for you Max" I tell him.

"Okay, thank you. Where is Daniel?"

"P2" I answer.

"Was he that much faster?" Max asks me, sounding surprised.

"No, you're within 0.200 seconds of each other. It was a good qualifying, Max" I tell him. He doesn't respond after that. I just take my headphones off, ready for a quiet night in bed with Max. We both need it.

--

We walk into our hotel room and I let myself fall onto the bed. I let out a frustrating groan. I'm beginning to feel exhausted. Max chuckles and lets himself fall next to me.

"I'm just going to take a quick shower and then we can watch some TV, okay?" Max asks. I nod and kiss him quickly. He walks into the bedroom, after emptying his pockets. He just throws his wallet and phone onto the bed and walks into the bathroom. Max's phone starts buzzing, a few times and I get annoyed after the 4th time. I grab his phone and see it are texts, coming in after each other. I see who they're from, Mikaela. His ex girlfriend. I know it's wrong to read them, but I don't have to open them, I can see what they say.

I miss you

I want you back. We belong together.

We were happy together. What happened ? I know you miss me too, otherwise you wouldn't have texted me last night