Chapter 52

"YES, great day today,guys"Max says through the race, after finishing. He came in 2nd and Daniel won the race.

"Great job, Max. Really great race" I say, trying to sound excited. It's hard though. I keep thinking about my problem. Our problem. Rose has tried to talk to me about it, but I ignore it. That's my best option right now, ignore the problem until it goes away.

And off course it's not just going away. It's going to be there until I do something about it. But right now, I don't know what that is.

I have decided, with Max though, that until we know what to do, I'm going to stay with him. I called my parents this morning and told them we'll be going to Monaco for a couple of days and then to Milton Keynes and go from there to races. They were sad that they weren't going to see me as much, but I told them that Max and I need some alone time when we could get it. They understood that, luckily.

I take my headphones off and get ready for the podium. I take Rose with me and Christian walks with us, followed by Femke. She is over the moon, her driver won. There was a bit of luck there, as Hamilton retired. But otherwise it would've been P2 and 3. They raced each other, but Daniel came out on top.

We stand below the podium with the rest of the team. They all come out and Max smiles down at me, when he sees me. I smile back at him, but feel not as happy as I should.

Maybe I should just get rid off it. If I'm not happy now, how can I be happy later? I think it would be best for both Max and me. But I don't know if I'll regret it later on. While the boys shower each other with champagne, I can't help but let my mind wander off.

--

I'm sitting in our hotel room. We're staying here for a couple off days, before flying to Japan. The next race is next weekend.

As I'm sitting on the bed, Max walks out of the bathroom. His smile drops when he sees me. I know he knows me well enough to notice that I'm not alright. He sits down next to me.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Max asks me. I just sigh and let my head rest on his shoulder. His arm slowly makes it way around my waist.

"I just don't know and it won't leave my mind either" I simply say. Max sighs as well.

"What does your heart tell you to do?" he asks me.

"To not have the baby" I whisper. Max nods slowly.

"Are you sure?" he asks. I shake my head. That's the worst thing. I'm not sure. I'm not sure if I want to keep the baby or not have it. I let out a frustrated groan. Max holds me tighter.

"Maybe it's important that we make a decision, just because maybe then, you can think about other things as well" Max says and I nod. He is right. If we keep being like this, I won't have rest.

"Can I be honest with you?" Max asks and I nod. "Off course, Max"

"I want to keep it" he whispers. My heart starts to beat faster when he says that.

"Why?" I ask him.

"Because, we made a mistake that the baby shouldn't have to pay for. Besides, you'll be my baby's mother, and that's reason enoug for me" he whispers. At that moment, I forget that he's 19, as am I. He sounds deadly serious.

"But. How?"

"We'll figure something out. Our parents can help, my sister can help. Our friends will help" Max says. I look at him and he kisses me before I can say anything. Maybe we should try. He's right. The baby doesn't have to suffer.

"Now, are we going to have a good time tonight?" Max asks. We're going out with the team again.

"No, because I can't drink then" I say. Max chuckles.

"I won't drink much either, for you" he says and kisses me on the lips. I then get a text from Rose, asking me if we can go shopping for a party outfit, real quick. I tell her that it's fine.

"Rose and I are going shopping real quick. I hope to be back in an hour, okay?" Max nods and I kiss him quickly. I grab everything I'll need and run towards Rose's room.

An hour later, we're in the cab back to the hotel. Rose found an outfit in the first shop we went into. The streets are busy, it's 8 P.M right now. It was a freaking miracle that there were still shops open at this time of day. Rose is happy though, so I am too. I told Rose about the talk I had with Max. She was happy that we decided on keeping it. She wants to be an auntie.

I look out of the window of my side off the car. All I can see now are two head lights, coming straight at me. Maybe I don't have to worry about the decision after all.

--

Rose's P.O.V

My eyes slowly open and I feel pain in my ribs, fucking again. It's the only pain I can feel, besides a head ache. I look around and see lots of people around me.

"There's a lot of blood around her!" someone yells. Quickly, I look at my body. There's blood, but not much. I get confused, but then suddenly, I remember. Jasmin. I look around, but before I can do something, someone starts talking to me.

"Hello, are you alright?" I just look at the woman. She's wearing a uniform. She must be from the ambulance.

"I'm not sure. My ribs hurt. Is my friend okay?" I ask her. She slowly lifts my shirt and I wince at the touch of her hand on my ribs.

"They're broken" she just says, completely ignoring my question about Jasmin.

"Look, my friend is pregnant and works for Red Bull Racing. Her boyfriend is about 10 minutes way in the hotel and I need to know what to tell him!" I say, now raising my voice. She looks at me, sympathy in her eyes.

"I don't know how critical she is, but there is a lot of pain and she's not responding" the woman says. I nod and want to get up, but she pulls me down.

"Can I atleast call her boyfriend?" I ask the woman and she nods. She hands my bag, that luckily was next to me. I grab my phone. It still works, thank god. I click on Max's number.

"Rose? What's up?" he asks, immediately sounding worried.

"You're not going to believe me" I start. I hear a sigh coming from Max's side and some movement.

"What. Happened? Is Jasmin alright?" he asks. I take a deep breath.

"I don't know" I answer, looking around me. Jasmin is being pulled into the ambulance. I get pulled into another one and the doors close.

"What do you mean, you don't know?" Max asks, clearly getting upset.

"We've been in another car crash, Max. I'm alright, I think, but Jasmin isn't responding, we're being brought to the hospital. Please come as soon as you think and take Marcel, please" I tell him.

"FUCK!" I hear coming from Max, along with a lot more noise.

"I'm on my way" Max says and hangs up. I slowly take my phone away from my ear, while trying to relax. How can it be possible that this is happening again?