Chapter 90

I help Grace clean up all the wrapping paper. There is lots laying around, from all our gifts. Max and Daniel go outside to talk, as Joe and Evy start getting the house ready for the dinner.

"Can I see the bracelet from upclose?" Grace asks. I nod and show her my wrist. She looks at all the charms, smiling at all of them.

"It is such a thoughtfull gift. Every charm has a special meaning, it's beautiful" I nod, agreeing with her. I am already in love with the bracelet and I'm never taking it off. Grace and I start helping Joe and Evy, as the boys come back as well.

"Dan? Would you go and get your grandparents? They can't drive themself" Grace asks Daniel. He nods and Max goes along with him. Evy and I set the table already, so we don't have to do that later. We help Joe and Grace put all the food ready, the small snacks for on the coffee table as well.

I grab my laptop, connecting it to a speaker, putting some Christmas music on, softly off course. We get some more small lights through the house, so we don't have to use the big lights.

15 minutes later, Daniel and Max comes back with his grandparents. Daniel takes Evy's hand to meet them. Max walks over to me and kisses my temple. I notice the necklace Max had gotten from his dad and Kelly. I am wearing mine as well.

"By the way, I'll keep your heart safe, as long as you keep mine safe with you" I say to Max. He smiles and kisses my cheek. I see Daniel's grandma coming our way, smiling at the two of us.

"And who is this young lady?" she asks, I hold out my hand, which she shakes.

"I'm Jasmin, Max's girlfriend"

"And my best friend" Daniel says, as he comes up to us. Daniel's grandma smiles at me.

"It's nice to meet you, dear" she tells me. I introduce myself to his grandpa as well, who smiles as well. They sit down on the sofa, as Grace and Joe sit with them. Daniel, Evy, Max and I get the drinks ready and sit down with them as well. Daniel and Max talk about their season. Daniel also tells them about what he got for Christmas, showing his grandparents his wrist as well, as he's wearing the watch I gave him. Suddenly, Daniel turns to me, making me raise my eyebrow.

"Jas! You should sing us a song!" he says, making my eyes widen. Max frowns.

"When have you heard her sing?" I remember it, Daniel does too.

"So, I had some problems at one point and I talked to her about it. She had asked me what my favorite song was at that moment, because music always cheers me up. I told her it was Closer and she sang the whole song for me, to cheer me up" Daniel says, smiling at me.

"That is so sweet!" Evy says, grabbing ahold of Daniel's hand. She knows about his problems with his old girlfriend, Victoria, but she doesn't mind.

"You do have a beautiful voice, baby. You should sing" Max says, smiling at me. I feel nervous as I look at Daniel's parents and grandparents, who are now waiting to hear my voice as well.

"But what song am I supposed to sing?" I ask, giving in.

"Sing your favorite song to sing" Max tells me, squeezing my hand. I nod and walk over to my laptop and search for the song. I look up when the song is ready.

"The song is called I See Fire and it's originally from Ed Sheeran" I say, as I play press on the music.

Oh, misty eye of the Mountain below
Keep careful watch of my brothers' souls
And should the sky be filled with fire and smoke
Keep watching over Durin's sons

If this is to end in fire, then we shall all burn together
Watch the flames climb higher, into the night
Calling out father, oh, stand by and we will
Watch the flames burn on and on, the mountainside

And if we should die tonight, we should all die together
Raise a glass of wine, for the last time
Calling out father, oh, prepare as we will
Watch the flames burn on and on, the mountainside
Desolation comes upon the sky

Now I see fire, inside the mountain
I see fire, burning the trees
And I see fire, hollowing souls
I see fire, blood in the breeze
And I'll hope that you'll remember me

Oh, should my people fall then, surely I'll do the same
Confined in mountain halls, we got too close to the flame
Calling out father, oh, hold fast and we will
Watch the flames burn on and on, the mountainside
Desolation comes upon the sky

Now I see fire, inside the mountain
I see fire, burning the trees
And I see fire, hollowing souls
I see fire, blood in the breeze
And I'll hope that you'll remember me

And if the night is burning, I will cover my eyes
For if the dark returns, then my brothers will die
And as the sky is falling down, it crashed into this lonely town
And with that shadow upon the ground, I hear my people screaming out

I see fire, inside the mountains
I see fire, burning the trees
I see fire, hollowing souls
I see fire, blood in the breeze

I see fire (oh, you know I saw a city burning)
And I see fire (feel the heat upon my skin.)
And I see fire (fire)
And I see fire burn on and on, the mountainside

I finish the song and they all clap for me. I blush slightly, looking down. I put the Christmas music on again and sit back down. Max kisses my cheek. That makes me smile at him.

"You do have a lovely voice, Jasmin" Grace tells me, making me blush even more.

"Let's talk about something else instead of making Jasmin blush" Daniel says, making me smile at him. Daniel's parents and grandparents start talking about normal things now, so we just listen.

-

Daniel, Evy, Max and I are sitting outside. We had dinner already and it was amazing. We decided to just sit with the 4 of us.

"I can't believe 2016 is almost over" Max mumbles, while his arm is around me. My head is leaning on his shoulder. I am looking up at the stars.

"Me neither. We kicked ass this year, though" Daniel says, grinning at Max. Evy giggles, as she's sitting in between Daniel's legs, his arms around her. She is leaning against his chest.

"This was by far the best year ever" Max says, looking down at me. I smile up to him, feeling the same way.

"It's also the year that changed the most as well" I say. That is true as well. I met Max, which made my whole life change on itself. I graduated. I changed career, from flight attendant to working within Formula 1. I moved in with Max in Monaco.

"I know, a lot changed for me" Max says.

"I changed teams, I became the Youngest winner, I met you. My girlfriend moved in with me" Max says, summing up his changes. I smile up at him.

"We both won a race, man" Daniel says, looking at Max.

"Think about it like this as well. Besides the both Mercedes, you were the only two who've won a race this year" I say, smiling at the two of them. Max and Daniel high five each other.

"I want to come to every year next year" Evy mumbles, looking up at Daniel. He smiles down at her.

"But that means you have to travel almost every weekend and be away from your family" Daniel tells her, kissing her head.

"But I want to be with you, so I don't mind. I want to be there every race to support you. And if I listen to all the conversations you have about the team, I think I'll have a new family as well" Evy says. I smile brightly.

"Red Bull really is a family" I say, meaning it. Ever since I got to Red Bull, they'be been like a family to me. They see me in my happiest, but also in my saddest times. And they'll get me through any time.

"I would love for you to be there with me, so I'll make sure it happens" Daniel says, smiling down at his girlfriend. I look at Max, who is smiling at the two of them as well.

"Dude, I'm so excited for next year!" Daniel says, smiling brightly. I giggle at him.

"Me too, next year, we'll be unstoppable!" Max says. I shake my head, snuggling further into Max's side. His arm around me tightens.

"But New Year's Eve will be amazing as well, I'm really looking forward to it" Daniel says, as we all agree. I'm also excited for the the day after tomorrow, as the other drivers will arrive.

------------------------------

HI!

So, I know what my last AN said, but I am writing these chapters early, so I only have to upload them. I'm sorry for the start of this chapter, I had zero inspiration.

XXXX