Chapter 63

jasminxo : my man getting ready for the Mexico Grand Prix! #soinlove #MexicoGP maxverstappen1

danielricciardo : isn't he handsome?!

nicorosberg : couple goals! #masmin #jax

babyrose : so cute! #couplegoals

maxverstappen1 : i love you <3 #soinlove #jax

victoriaverstappen : cuties! #jax

maxverstappen1 : look at this cutie ! #soinlove #mygirlfriend #jax jasminxo

I smile and like Max's picture. I'm standing in the Red Bull garage in Mexico. Victoria is by my side, listening in on the conversations that are held about the race. It's Saturday and time for qualifying.

Max is talking with Marcel as I make my way over to them. I kiss Max on his cheek and he smiles brightly at me.

"Good luck" I tell him.

"You too!" Max replies. I nod and walk away with Victoria following me. Roy smiles at her and she smiles back. When she went on the date, they agreed to take things slow, for Max's sake as well. They agreed to not be to close in the garage or when Max is around. But they've been going on dates ever since the first one.

We reach the pitwall and we sit down, both putting on our headset. Christian sits down next to us, smiling warmly at us. I turn on all the monitors, checking everything. The timer starts and cars leave the garages straight away.

5 minutes into Q1, Max's car leaves the garage. I immediately check the data on his car, seeing everything looks well.

"Okay, don't use up your tyres, Q1 is easy go for you" I tell Max. We really need these tyres to last us through the qualifying. Don't want to use up tyres when we don't have too. Max copies and starts his lap time, not going to fast, but certainly not going to slow. He sets a decent time, which I'm happy about.

"Lap time is 1.19.874, P5 for now, good job" I tell Max, who drives back into the pitline after his outlap. Daniel sets a third time with 1.19.713, which doesn't difference much with Max's time. Lewis has set the fastest time right now, which is good.

"Okay, Max, for Q2, push a bit more, but don't go full out yet" I tell him as the timer for Q2 starts again.

"Will do, boss" Max replies. I roll my eyes and hear Victoria laughing. Max leaves the garage and does his outlap. At this point, Lewis has the fastest time, 1.19.137.

Max starts his lap and I see the sector times turning purple. My eyes widen at how quick he is. He finishes his lap and I see him moving to P1.