Chapter 57

It's wednesdag today. We're travelling to Austin today, for the US Grand Prix. I'm very excited, as I've never been to Austin before. According to Max, it's amazing.
Rose is once again coming with us, but she is in the Netherlands right now, so she's on a different flight. Victoria and Victoria, Max's sister and Daniel's girlfriend, are both coming as well. Max's sister is flying with Rose and Victoria is flying with Daniel.

They are as well on a different flight as they went to Monaco for a relaxing day. Max and I stayed in Milton Keynes for the week. We're flying from London Heathrow.

"Max, we need to leave to the airport!" I yell through the appartment, hoping he'll hear me. Luckily, I get a response.

"Coming!" He yells back. He walks into the room a minute later, wearing sweatpants and a shirt. As we have a long haul flight, we're both wearing comfy clothes. I hate travelling in actual normal looking clothes, as I won't be able to relax. So I rather look like a hobo.

"Where's your suitcase, though?" Max asks me. I giggle. I had actually just put my stuff in his suitcase, as it's kind of stupid to take two cases.

"I don't have one" I reply to Max. He looks really confused at this point. I just shake my head and laugh at him. Not to much, though.

"I put my stuff in your case. Didn't you think your case was suddenly heavier?" I ask him and he chuckles slightly.

"I didn't really think about it. I'll carry it down now" Max says and walks back up to the bedroom, where the suitcase is. I put some stuff I need in the plane in my bag. I had already recieved a text from Rose, telling me Victoria and her had boarded the plane and would arrive 3 hours before us.

I put on my shoes, as normally as I possibly can, which is not that great. I get another text while I'm putting on my second shoe. I open it and start smiling.

From : Femke

I'm travelling with Seb! I'm nervous and excited at the same time, wish me luck! xxxx

To : Femke

You don't need luck. Just fall asleep on his shoulder ;) have a nice flight and I'll see you there xxxxx

I put my phone in my bag now as Max comes down with the cases. I  think this is the first time in a while that it's just us travelling together. Normally, other people are with us.

"Are you ready?" Max asks me and I nod. I stand up and grab my bag. Max takes the suitcase to the car and I get in. Max starts the car and starts driving towards the airport. Because I'd like to go in full travel mode, I discuss some work related things in the car with Max, about tyre use and weather related things. It are all things we'd be talking about with his engineers, strategist, Christian and probably more people. It's just nice to have said my thoughts about some things, so he knows what to bring to the meetings.

Half an hour later, we arrive at the airport and Max parks the car. We starts walking towards the terminal to check in.

After all the airport stuff is done, we just walk around the terminal. I grab my vlog camera and turn it on.

"Hey guys, I'm here with Max at London Heathrow. In about an hour, we board the plane that's going to take us to Austin. I am very excited and so is Max, but he is always excited" I tell the camera and Max smiles into the camera as well.

"Jasmin here is still not fully recovered so we are taking everything slow for her. The team made sure to make it as easy as possible for us to go places and Christian also has someone on call in Austin just in case Jasmin isn't feeling well. I think it's so nice of people to think about her" Max says and I smile.

"Anyway, we're going to get some coffee now and then go towards the gate. I hope I don't forget to vlog on the flight, but we'll see you later!" I turn the camera off as we reach Starbucks. We both order our drinks and we then walk towards the gate.

Halfway through walking, I feel myself getting tired, so we slow down a bit. Before I know it, someone is running up to us.

"O my god, Max Verstappen and Jasmin Hall!" she yells, cleary very excited. Max smiles at her, while I try not to cry because of the pain. She doesn't really pays much attention towards me anyway.

"Can I have a picture with you?" she asks Max. He smiles and nods. I try to ignore the pain for a little and take the picture for them. She actually thanks me before hugging Max, who is kind of taken aback by it, but hugs back anyway. I can't stop myself from feeling relieved as she walks away. Within seconds, Max is by my side.

"Do you need to sit down?" he asks me. I can see the sign of our gate, so I shake my head. Before I can process what Max is doing, he lifts me up, being carefull not to hurt me. I start laughing and I can see people turning around and looking at us. Max walks towards our gate and I can't stop myself from laughing, which hurts my ribs, but it's worth it. When we reach the gate, Max puts me down and I can sit down. I giggle at him and he smiles. He sits down next to me and kisses my cheek.

A flight attendant reaches us and smiles at us.

"Good morning, are you Max Verstappen and Jasmin Hall?" she asks us with a calm smile. We both nod.

"Good, I got a note from Red Bull Racing, asking for your seats to be upgraded, so you have more space on the plane. All I need is your old boarding passes and I'll bring you new ones" she explains and I smile brightly. I hand her the passes, that I was holding onto and she walks away. Minutes later, she comes back with new boarding passes.

"Enjoy your flight" she tells us and walks away. We're now on Row 1. I quickly grab my phone and open a text, I see Max doing it as well.

To : Christian Horner

Thank you so much for the upgrade! I'll be sure to enjoy it! See you soon! -Jasmin

I smile at the text and see Max sending a text to Christian as well. I have a feeling this flight is going to be really relaxing.