Chapter 2

Mia was still feeling uneasy about the phone call. She gets dressed until she hears a car horn. She looks outside her window seeing a red convertible parked outside with a light brunette-haired girl waving at her. It was her best friend, Cathy. "Hey, hey, good morning, birthday girl!" she shouts. "Hey, Cat, give me a few minutes, ok?" Mia shouts back. "Well, hurry back, the mall awaits us!"

Mia rushed to put on a pink spaghetti top with white Capri pants. As she opens her apartment door, she noticed a black cat standing near her door. "Well, hello, little fella, did you run away or something?" The cat simply looked at her with its yellow eyes twitching its tail. She bends down to examine the cat more. "Well, I don't see any tags or a collar, so that makes you a stray. Hmm, I'm not usually a cat person, but I don't think a little fella like you should be out here considering there's a monster out there attacking women; next thing you know, it could be cats afterwards or..." she noticed the cat wasn't paying attention by licking one of its paws. "Sorry, I was rambling," she giggled. Cathy honked her horn again. Mia picked up the cat placing it in her room. "Tell ya what, you can stay here until I get back," she said as she closes the door exiting the apartment complex.

After the car zooms away, the cat enlarges its size shifting into a human male; standing at 5'11, long dark hair, and a pale complexion with dark brown eyes. He scans the room taking in the scent inhaling and exhaling heavily. Before he could take another step, he noticed the bedroom window open with the sunlight shining in. With a swift movement, he closes the window covering it with the curtains. He lays down on the bed sniffing the pillows lightly with a soft purr.

As Cathy drives through the road, she noticed Mia with a distant look. "Hey, Mia, you alright? You look kinda distracted."

"Hm? Oh, I'm ok, Cat, just a little bothered about something."

"About what? You're the big 3-0 now; you're not worried about wrinkles already, are ya?" she joked.

Mia laughed. "No, crazy. I was just thinking that call I got this morning."

"What about it?"

"Well, the caller didn't say nothing except wishing me a happy birthday before he hung up. "

"Really? Maybe he was a secret admirer."

"I don't think so. I didn't recognize the number on the caller ID, so it had be a stranger; but how did he get my number? Better yet, how did he know it was my birthday?"

"Hmm, that is strange. If it continues, it's best that you call the police. I mean, it's bad enough there's somebody out here attacking women. Although, it's a little romantic."

"Romantic?" Mia raised a brow.

"Yeah, I mean, the guy leaves a rose afterwards."

"Ok, something is very wrong with you, you must have hit your head after you were born," Mia laughed.

Most women I've encountered could never resist a cat. Shapeshifting is the only way to avoid sunlight; so that was the perfect chance to meet her. Her scent is so.. alluring. It hurts a little that I have to drain her. What do I have to lose besides whatever's left of my soul? Her scent is so breathtaking, I might have to have a little fun with her.