Chapter 17

"Well, looky, looky, somebody's coming to work in style," Cathy laughed as she walks over to hug Mia. "I take it your boyfriend got some big money."

I'm a lot more than a simple-

Give it a rest, Michael.

Hmph.

"Hey! If you girls are done bonding, I got some more pickups over here!" yelled Rick. Mia and Cathy went over to the bar to pick up the foods and starts handing them out. Mia heard Michael growling.

Calm down, Michael.

Not while he's talking to you like that.

Well, it's not like you can do anything about it. You can't come out in the sun.

Wanna bet?

"Excuse me, I ordered my drink five minutes ago!" shouts a lady. Mia broke away from her daydreaming and gave the lady her drink. "Sorry about that, ma'am," she apologized. Cathy noticed that she has been zoning out. "Say, Mia, you got something on your mind?" she asked.

"Oh, it's just that I only know little of Michael."

"Well, at least you know something. What do you know?"

"His sister told me that he dated before, but it wasn't pretty."

"Ok. So he dated and he has a sister. Any other family members?"

"He has a dad and a brother. Well, technically, they're not really related. He told me his family died a long time ago, and this family took him in."

"Whoa, sorry to hear that about him. Anything else?"

"That's about it. He promised he'll tell me the whole story soon."

Rick came out of the kitchen and approached them. "Did I say it was break time?"

"Not really, we're just chatting," Cathy shrugs. "Then get back to work!" he yelled. He looks outside to see the same limo pull up. The driver comes out and opens an umbrella for the person coming out. "Who the hell uses an umbrella in the daytime?" he scratches. "That's for people who are sensitive to sunlight," Cathy said as if she was explaining it to a child. Rick just glared at her. Mia noticed that it was Michael, wearing a casual attire of black jeans and red shirt, walking in along with the driver following him. "Thanks, Martin," he smiles. The driver nodded as he takes a seat.

"Hi, Michael, I trust you're treating my girl right," Cathy smiled. "Don't worry, I am treating her with nothing but respect and love," he smiles watching Mia blush. "Can I talk to you for a while, Mia?" he asked leading Mia to an empty. "That conversation will have to wait, she still gotta --," Rick was interrupted as Michael turns around giving him an evil glare. "Um, never mind," Rick gulped and walked away. Cathy held in a laugh.

Mia took a seat with Michael sitting across from her. "So what do you want to talk about?" she asked.

"I noticed that your mind has been occupied. First of all, I know that you want to know more about my past, but I think it better that I show you rather than tell you. In fact, you're getting off from work early," he replies getting up and extends his hand for her. "Ok, but if I get off early, so does Cathy, she smiles looking over at Cathy who was eavesdropping. "Of course, if your boss doesn't mind," he said looking over at Rick. "Um, sure, n-no problem," he stuttered. All of a sudden, Michael appeared in front of him baring his fangs with a smile. "Thank you, and next time, I want you to treat Mia, as well as Cathy, with the utmost respect, or else I'll rip your heart out and force you to eat it. Do you understand?" Rick nodded. "Y-Y-Yes, sir."

"Good boy," Michael smiles as he pats him and walks away with the two girls. Rick just stood there petrified as he wets himself.

No one will treat my Mia like that. It makes me love her even more to see the connection between her and friend. Hopefully, she'll be ready for the entire story.