Chapter 16

*Begin Dream*

Mia found herself to be wondering around the city streets at night. She was starting to feel nervous until she saw Michael walking toward her. She sighed with a smile to hug him, but only to see him walk through her. Was he a ghost or was she the ghost? She watches Michael stop and lean against a brick wall letting out a deep sigh. "Michael, are you okay?" she asked. He didn't respond. He didn't even turn his head to see her. She figured out the he couldn't see or hear her, so all she could do was watch. She noticed something different about Michael; he didn't give off the vibe of being a vampire, it felt like he was still human. "So, this had to be Michael before he was turned," Mia thought. There wasn't any changes in his appearance, just the way he carried his aura.

"Evening," replies an unfamiliar voice. Mia watched Michael look next to him seeing another woman near him. She was the same height as Mia, with a pale complexion, full red lips, slightly arched eyebrows with light green eyes wearing a blood red dress.

"Do you have a name to go with that cute face of yours?" she asked. Mia looked at her with a hint of jealousy. "Look, lady, I don't who you are, but-" she was interrupted when Michael introduced himself. Oh, that's right, they can't hear me. Crap. "Michael Joe Jackson, that's a lovely name; it fits you," she replies.

"You can just call me Michael, and what's your name?" he smiled.

"Charla, it's a pleasure to meet you, Michael," she smiles offering her hand as Michael takes it and kisses it. Well, Caleb was right about one thing, he was a ladies' man as a human.

"So what's a handsome guy like you doing out here? It can be pretty dangerous."

"I just wanted some fresh air. Besides, I should be asking you that question. You're dressed like you're going out for dinner."

Mia watched this Charla girl walk closer to him taking his hand to lead him to a dark alley. "Actually, I already found the main course," she grinned wrapping her arms around him and begins to kiss his neck. Mia reached to grab her, but her hand went through her. She noticed that Michael had a dazed look on his face while looking into the girl's eyes. He stood still as Charla extracts a set of fangs and bite into his neck. He didn't even flinch, and Mia couldn't do nothing but watch as he begin to feel weak with his blood leaving from his body to her mouth. All of a sudden, Mia could hear his heartbeat beat slowly.

Charla laid Michael down on the ground licking the remaining blood off his neck. "I was planning to turn you, but I decided to let you die in peace, "she smiles as she walks away into the shadows. Mia bent down close to Michael.

*End Dream*

Mia woke up with the sound of her alarm going off from her cell phone. It was time to go to work. She turns around seeing that Michael had left. "Good morning," said a maid walking in with a tray of breakfast. "I've already laid out your clothes and the limo is waiting for you to drive you to work," she left the room with a smile.

Told you I'll take care of everything.

Michael? Where are you?

Downstairs in the library, it's one of the places with less sunlight. I'll be seeing you after wok.

After Mia got dressed, she walks outside to see a stretch limo with the driver waiting for her.

Whoa, all of this for me?

Of course, you deserve to be treated to like this, and not the way your disgusting boss treats you.

I don't like it either, but at least I have a job. She walks inside the limo until the driver starts to drive. "Hi, Mia!" exclaimed a voice close to her. She got startled seeing Mari sitting next to her. "Mari? What are you doing here? I thought you couldn't go out in the daytime.

"I can't, but I just wanted to tag along with you. I'll stay in the limo," she giggled. During the drive, Mia's mind was occupied with the dream she had. "Mari, you wouldn't happen to know someone named Charla, would you?" she asked. Mari shrugged. "I only heard of her; she was Mikey's old flame and she used to be part of Daddy's clan."

"Old flame?" she muttered. By the looks of that dream, it didn't look like they were in love.

"Why you ask?"

"Well, it's just that I had this dream about her, more like a nightmare. There was Michael and she came along and bit him. After that, I woke up."

"Ah, Mikey must have been giving a glimpse of his life while you were sleeping. It wasn't exactly a dream; it was more like he was letting you enter deeper into his memory."

"But what happened afterwards?"

"Daddy found him and turned him. He never liked how Charla treated humans, so he banished her." The limo came to a complete stop as they arrived at the restaurant. "So this is where you work, I can't remember the last time I ate something," Mari smiles. "How about I bring you guys some food after work?" Mia asked. "You would do that? Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you!" Mari exclaimed giving her a big hug. Mia returns the hug until she steps out and enters the restaurant.

I figured I'd give her a visual look into my life. There are some good aspects of it, but there are some bad aspects as well.