Chapter 11

Cathy and Mia went on their lunch break at a Subway. "Now, where was I before I was rudely interrupted? Oh, yeah, we were talking about your boyfriend Michael," Cathy said. Mia could hear Michael scoff in her mind.

I am more than a simple boyfriend. A lot more.

Mia giggled. "I know, but I still believe that he's different. I mean, even after we made love, he held me close. None of my boyfriends did that before; they would just roll and sleep. As soon as she finished that sentence, she heard a low, deep growl inside her. It sounded so loud that it made her jump. "You ok?" Cathy asked raising a brow. "Um, yeah, I'm fine, I need to go the bathroom right quick," Mia said getting up from her seat and enters the Subway. After she enters the ladies bathroom, she leaned on the sink.

Can't you lay off the growling for a while?

Sorry, but the way you described it was disgusting.

What's the difference?

There's a big difference. Our night was based on love, not just the act of sex.

I understand that, but you're starting to sound jealous.

Jealous? Of these lowly men? Ha!

Michael...

Alright, fine, I'm a little jealous. I just can't stand to see somebody kissing you, touching you, when it should be me. My stomach hurts right now without you being here with me.

You really mean that?

Yes. You feel the same way, don't you?

Mia didn't want to admit it but nodded. Why am I feeling this way?

Being apart can be emotionally tiring. If we were to be apart for months, even for years, it would feel like our energy has been drained.

Wow. I never thought of it like that.

A knock was heard on the other side of the door. "Mia, you alright in there? We gotta head back," Cathy said.

Go on. I'll see you tonight.

After that, she felt Michael's presence leave for a while. Mia exits the bathroom and follows Cathy back to the restaurant. The girls worked until late in the evening. After work, Cathy dropped off Mia home. Michael hears the sound of Mia entering and hurries to place all of her clothes back into her dressers. "Michael?" she asked entering the bedroom. He straightens himself up trying to act natural. Mia walks over to him and gives him a hug. Michael was only able to hug her with one arm because he was hiding her red lace panties behind his back.

"So what you've been up to all day?"

"Oh, not much, just missing you."

"Aw, you're so sweet. So what's the big surprise?"

Michael smiled. "I figured that tonight you deserved an outing of fine dining."

"Ooh, I like that already," she smiled.

"But first, we need to head to my place."

Mia looked up at him. "Your place? What for?"

"To look for the perfect dress for you."

Mia couldn't help but to blush seeing him flash his bright smile. "You know, I think you're trying to spoil me." Michael leans down and kisses her. "Anything for you, my pretty minx. Shall we?" he asked as he escorts her out of the apartment. He was able to put her panties back inside her dresser before they left. Michael and Mia walked hand in hand out of the city and into the woods. As they got deeper into the woods, Mia noticed a mansion-like house. Michael noticed that it was already occupied. "Oh no," he groaned.

"What's wrong?"

"Looks like another unexpected party; we should turn back." As Michael turns around, Mia grabbed his arm. "Wait a minute, if you know these people, I would like to meet them. Please?" she asked. Michael sighed out of defeat. "Ok, if you say so." They entered the house as a gathering of people turned their sights on them. Mia noticed that all of them had the same pale complexion as Michael. It didn't took her long to realize that she was in a house full of vampires. All of a sudden, she heard deep laugh coming from one of the vampire approaching them.

"Well, looks who's here, the prodigal son has arrived!" he smiles warmly.

*Sighs* Of all the night for them to be here, it had to be this night.