Chapter 3

It has become late in the afternoon when Cathy dropped off Mia back home after an all-day shopping. With an armful of bags, Mia walked into the apartment complex heading to her apartment door. Michael wakes up hearing the door and shifts back into a cat. Mia enters her bedroom seeing her new friend curled into a ball. "Whoo, what a day. I'll tell ya, kitty, Cathy really knows how to treat a girl," she smiles placing her bags down. She takes off her shoes and plops down on her bed. "You know, I don't think the landlord allows pets here, but you're a pretty good hider, are you?" she asked the cat. He jumps off the bed and hides under it.

"I knew it," she giggles. She noticed that her curtains were closed. "Hm, I don't remember closing the curtains when I left." She walks over to the curtains, but hears an angry growl coming from under her bed. "Let me guess, you like it dark in here," she said. "Ok, whatever makes you comfortable," she shrugs leaving the curtains alone. She watches the cat crawls out from under the bed jumping back on top.

"Now I know I don't know about you, but I'm pooped, so how about a nap?" The cat nodded laying close to her pillow. Mia lays down across her bed cuddling him close to him. "I haven't even named you yet. I'm not really good at names, so I think I'll just call you "Mr. Kitty". She lets out a yawn before drifting to sleep petting her new pet.

"Mr. Kitty." Hmph, cute. I would shift back and take her, but the touch of her hand on my fur was so relaxing. I can't remember the last time I've felt this close to a woman. She feels so warm. The sound of her pulse is tempting me. I'll let her rest for a while, then I'll strike.