|| Chapter 25 ||

If you didn't read my A/N you may be confused js

*Dans Pov*

"I said all the wrong things. Except when I was busy saying all the mean ones and in the end I hated everybody and everything." ~ Augesten Burroughs.

I didn't understand, and I still don't. What did I do wrong? I asked for consent and made sure she wasn't intoxicated.

I was so gentle as I felt her body under my fingertips, making sure not to damage her in any way. As our lips passionately met I had thought she finally felt the way I did for her.

After we were done I had admitted my feelings for her. I had told her I loved her. She got up and told me she could never see me that way and that the sex was a mistake.

I stood there in front of the only girl I've ever admitted that to, getting torn apart by every word she had shoved my way.

I spat back disgusting remarks and called her horrible things. None that were true whatsoever.

Tears rolled down her eyes as I said these things. I mean of course it wasn't right to say what if did, but did she not care for what I felt?

That night we both left that Halloween party a little more broken then before.

I got home and told Phil the whole story. He had made me tea and held me while I cried. It was usually the other way around as I had once stated about Phil's self doubt periods, but it was his turn to listen to me.

I felt absolutely horrible, dragging him out of the party as my eyes were redder than (Y/N)'s nose got when it was cold outside. Luckily he hadn't drank that night or I don't think I could've done it.

Today both him and I were a mess, as we had both stayed up late. Phil had taken away all my electronics, telling me I needed time to think about this whole situation before I try to hide on the internet. Unfortunately that wasn't the only reason, and he wanted me to not talk to her till tomorrow.

"Phil!" I shouted, my voice ringing throughout our silent flat.

I heard the sound of footsteps approaching my room, my door slowly creaking open and revealing light.

"Dan you should at least turn on a light." Phil sighed, flicking on my light switch. I groaned in response, him sitting on the bed next to me as I laid face down.

"Did you need something?" He asked softly, beginning to rub my exposed back.

"I'm hungry." I stated.

"Would you like me to make you some spaghetti?" He cooed.

I nodded, him getting up and leaving my room.

"You forgot to shut off the!--" I cut myself off, standing up and beginning to rummage through my drawers for a shirt. I threw one on that said "Normal people scare me" and made my way out into the living room.

I plopped down on the couch and pulled a blanket over my legs, sitting in silence. I tried to mask the silence as I hummed the cover to Cancer by twenty one pilots, staring blankly at the ceiling.

I wonder what she was doing right now. Was I even on her mind? Probably not. I wish I could just drive over to her apartment now and tell her I'm sorry, but I know that she wouldn't want that.

Phil walked into the room holding two glasses of wine and two plates of spaghetti, setting one plate in my lap and the two glasses on the coffee table.

Phil turned on game of thrones while we ate, but I guess he realized I wasn't paying attention because he shut it off after about 20 minutes.

He took my empty plate along with his, bringing them into the kitchen. He returned with something in his hands.

"Dan I'm gonna give you back your phone okay? Please don't do anything stupid." Phil requested.

"I won't" I smiled, this being the best thing that's happened to me all day.

He sighed and handed me my phone. I immediately held the power button to turn it on, notifications popping up on the screen.

My eyes widened with shock as I read who they were from. One was sent about 30 seconds ago.

"I love you" the last one read. Tears pricked my eyes as I read them all.

I quickly replied, Phil staring at me with confusion.

"I love you too" I typed, sending the message.

Very short chapter, but then next one should be exciting :)

Have a beautiful day my little crayons<3

~Breonna