|| Chapter 29 ||

*Your POV*

I slipped on my black vans and threw on my olive green bomber jacket, the cold morning air hitting me as I opened the door.

Have you ever just breathed in the cold breeze and felt so alive. The peacefulness that overtook me while I walked upon streets, that were covered with leaves and the cool air that hit my skin, put a smile on my face.

This may sound dumb, but enjoying the little things is what keeps me sane. The crunching sound of the leaves reminds me of happier times.

*flashback*

"Daddy the leaves are so pretty" I gushed, picking up a red maple leaf.

He chuckled, gripping my hand as we began to walk along the pavement.

"Where are we going again daddy?" I asked in my little four year old voice.

"Nowhere really." He responded, his big brown eyes staring into my little (Y/E/C) ones.

"Then why are we walking?" I asked, completely oblivious as to what we were doing.

"Now pumpkin you may not understand now, but you will when you're older. Nature is nothing but beauty. This is why every once in awhile me or your mother will take you on a walk, to remind us of what we have been blessed with. Happiness comes from the little things darling." He smiled.

"Oh okay" I smiled, continuing to examine the leaves that fell ever so gently from the trees.

*end of flashback*

I smiled to myself as I thought of my father. At the time I had no idea what he was talking about, but now I understand. This is why I take walks to clear my mind or when I need to be reminded of what the world has to offer.

My mother and father both died reasonably young, but they have taught me and my brother how to survive without them.

"Hello miss, will you be my girlfriend?" A small voice with a British accent said.

I looked down to see a little blonde boy with big blue eyes.

"You're very beautiful and you were smiling. My mummy never smiles anymore after my daddy left." He frowned.

My heart ached for the boy and his mother. He seemed very sweet.

"Of course." I giggled, kneeling down to his height.

"Oh my gosh I'm so so sorry if he bothered you,  it's just I've been running around all day trying to do stuff and he runs away every time I turn around." A very beautiful blonde woman rambled.

"No no, he caused no trouble at all. He was very kind." I reassured.

"Mummy, she's my new girlfriend." The boy smirked with confidence.

"Oh Ashton that's wonderful, but mommy does have a lot more to do and we don't have time to waste." She sighed. The poor woman seems so stressed.

"I could watch him if that would help." I smiled at the woman.

"That would be great, but it seems I wouldn't have money to pay you darling." She frowned.

"I'd do it for free, I have nothing planned for the day. I could take him to the park or back to my flat and when you're ready you could come get him." I suggested. My father always said to do things for the people in need.