|| Chapter 26 ||

*Your POV*

I stared into the hotel mirror, flattening out my black long sleeved dress and adjusting my hair. I slipped on my black heels and jacket, then walking over to my brothers room.

It's a horrible thought to think this was the last time ill see my mothers face before she's put in the ground forever. But it's an even sadder thought to think I'll never be able to see the light in her eyes and her movie star smile. A gorgeous women she was.

"Nice suit" I commented, examining my brother as he opened the door. He really did clean up well.

"Nice dress" he replied.

"Are we picking up Kiki or is she meeting us there?" I asked.

It disappointed me that the first time I'd get to meet my brothers wife to be would be at my mothers funeral. It's a sad thing when the only reason our family is getting together is over a death.

"We're getting her, I'd rather she wouldn't drive while she's pregnant." He explained.

"What a gentleman you've grown up to be" I smiled.

He rolled his eyes and grabbed my arm, pulling me out to the taxi that was waiting out front. We both got in and started to converse after telling the driver where to go.

"Have you talked to Dan at all?" My brother asked.

"Kind of" I shrugged, not wanting to get into it. But of course my brother being himself, he didn't let that happen.

"What does that mean?" He questioned.

"Meaning I may or may not have told him I loved him and he said it back." I quickly stated, looking at him and waiting for his reaction.

He choked on his own spit and started to have a coughing fit.

"Sorry could you say that again, for a second I thought you told him you loved him." He stated.

"Then you heard me correctly." I exclaimed.

"Explain. Now" he ordered.

"Nickolas can we please not get into this right now." I spoke harshly.

"Did you guys have sex?" He furrowed his eyebrows, waiting for an answer.

My cheeks heated up and I looked down into my lap, playing with my fingers.

"Well.." I quietly spoke.

"I'm going to beat his ass." Nickolas spat.

"Nicky I'm an adult, you don't have to protect me anymore. I can make my own decisions." I tried calming him.

"So he took your virginity?" He asked, trying to calm down for my sake. I confirmed and he just nodded his head before changing the subject.

-

After we picked up Kiki we headed to the funeral home. Me and Kiki talked the whole way there, she truly was a lovely girl and quite a beautiful one too. I could definitely tell why my brother wanted to marry her.

Once we had arrived, we were greeted by many family members. We got all the usual comments telling us how big we were and how beautiful I had grown up to be.

Most attention went to my brother as usual, not that I minded. That's how it usually was. He was the boy that smiled and started up conversations and I was the girl that everyone felt bad for while I kept my mouth shut and tried to avoid everyone. Even Kiki got more attention than I did.

The shock on people's faces as I actually made conversation was extremely hilarious. Of course I wasn't laughing, seeing as my mothers body was laying in the front of the room.

Despite the fact she was dead she looked peaceful. The way she looked when she was in the hospital was much worse. The only reason I'm not crying now is because I know she is somewhere with my dad as they watch me and my brother live our lives.

I can't help but wonder what my dad thinks of dan or if he would've approved. I could imagine the look on his face as I would've told him I was in love with a boy. Daddy's little girl isn't so little anymore, but sadly daddy will never get to see this version of her.

"May everyone please take a seat, the service is about to start" a women kindly asked.

-

"Damn imma actually miss you" I teased, as I was about to board my flight.

"I'll see you again soon, you're still coming up for thanksgiving?" He asked.

"Of course" I reassured, giving him a hug that lasted longer than necessary.

"Please don't let him hurt you" he whispered.

"He won't, and if he does I know you'll beat his ass." I chuckled.

"Bye Kiki it was so amazing meeting you, good luck with the baby. I'm beyond excited to meet her" I smiled, wrapping my arms around the lovely girl with black hair.

"I know she'll be gorgeous like you" I smiled.

"It was so lovely meeting you also, you're just as kind as your brother described you. Any child with you and your brothers DNA will be gorgeous." She complimented.

Before I could respond they called my flight number, signaling it was my time to leave.

"I guess that's me" I smiled, waving to them as I began to walk away.

"I love you!" My brother called out.

"I know you do!" I called back, grinning childishly at him.

I handed a women my boarding ticket and found my way to my seat. I sat by the window and plugged in my earbuds, listening to music.

As I flew away from what family I had left, the song 'Looking Too Closely' by Fink played gently into my ears.

"See you soon little brother"

Another short chapter. I hope you enjoyed?

Have a beautiful day my little crayons<3

~Breonna