━ forty-nine: prophetic princess/forbidding fairy

┏┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┓

HRH.

GOOD LUCK. FOOD'S IN THE RED BOX.

xoxo, PRINCESS/GENERAL.

┗┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┛

CHAPTER FORTY-NINE 

PROPHETIC PRINCESS/FORBIDDING FAIRY

✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ 

     "ALL RIGHT, LADS! THE chairs are going over there — no, not there, Merlin's sakes! Under the marquee! Do you expect the guests to sit in the middle of the garden, rather than the pretty marquee? Oh my God — that's the seating plan, take it over there, memorise it, hand it out, don't you dare screw that up, that seating plan took two months to make, do you realise how many family feuds there are amongst the Delacour and Weasley families alone?"

     If anything, Briar the Maid of Honour was giving Oliver Wood a run for his money. Ever since the morning of the wedding began, she was shouting commands, having minor stress-related melt-downs every time she locked herself in the bathroom, and rinsing and repeating. Harry was being disguised as the Weasley's cousin Barny, which had been a new thing to the seating plan, which caused another spur of angry swear words because could someone fucking tell me these fucking things, I can't see the whole fucking future in a future crystal fucking ball, fucking hell

     By the afternoon, Briar was ready to go to bed. Forget the fucking wedding. She needed a fucking nap. She was yet to worry about getting ready, and that was whole other problem, but her main concern was the goddamned wedding, because no one else present understood how crucial every piece of the plan was.

     Briar had a minor break around three. And by that, she meant that she needed a breather that wasn't angry-crying in a bathroom, before she physically murdered one of the waiters they'd hired. She stood next to Fred, George, and Harry. Barny. Of all the names. Fucking hell. He wasn't a fucking dinosaur.

     "When I get married, I won't be bothering with any of this nonsense," Fred began to say, awkwardly pulling at his collar. Briar grimaced and straightened his collar, muttering a series of swear words under her breath. "You can wear what you like, and I'll put a full Body-Bind Curse on Mum until it's over."