Chapter Twelve

Previously: I could already tell that we were going to become close, while he was here. I've always wanted a little brother.

9 hours Later

It was a full moon tonight. The stars were only little speckles of light compared to the luminous white moon. The water was still and the wind didn't whisper of faraway lands.

Everyone was asleep in their hammocks, tucked away from the warm air, and having pleasant dreams and oblivious to the world.

Percy was the only one left awake, as he sat in the fighting top listening to... nothing. There were no crickets chirping to one another speaking in the pale moonlight. There were no wise owls, perched atop great oak trees waiting for their prey to come within view.

It felt as if the world was frozen in time, or perhaps the whole world had fallen into an endless slumber. Everyone but, Percy.

The silence was defining.

"Percy" It sounded like the wind had talked to him, as warm air had brushed against his ear. At first, Percy thought his mind was playing tricks on him until he heard it again. "Percy"

"Who's there" Percy whispered back into the wind because talking in a silent world would be... too loud.

"Ohh Percy. I'm not here" The wind breathed, that same warmness flooded over Percy.

"Then how can I hear you... and who... what are you" so many questions flooded his mind, but he knew that if he wanted the warmth to answer he would have to be patient. Something that didn't come easily to him.

"You can hear me because I want you to. I am nothing but ann old spirit that wants to help. I have noo name, for I'm older than humankind. I was never given a name." The warmth sighed.

"That's not fair. Everyone needs a name. Could I perhaps bestow a name onto you" I asked my voice barely heard?

"If you wish it prince" The warmth mumbled.

"Why do you call me prince? I am no prince" what was the warmth talking about.

"You said you were going to name me" I'm not going to push the warmth this time because I don't know if he would leave me if I did.

" From this day forward you will be known as Auria... That is if you like the name or not"

"Hmm it's a very fitting name Percy", Auria mumbled, " for now I must goo, but fear not young one for I will come back to you." in with that he was gone.

The warmth I felt left, only leaving the humidity behind. Not the comfort and... care that felt before. I don't know who Auria truly was once, but in a world of enemies and brutality, I could use a friend, other than my crew. There was also something very familiar about the war-Auria.

The world seemed to return to normal. The crickets started to chirped to one another in the pale moonlight, and the wise owls were perched atop old oak trees waiting for their prey to run happily below.

The full moon was high in the sky. The stars were only little speckles of light compared to the luminous white moon. The sea was creating gentle waves, softly rocking the ship back and forth, and the wind blew softly, speaking of far away lands.

Everyone was asleep in their hammocks, tucked away from the warm air, and having pleasant dreams, oblivious to the world.

Percy soon joined them into the realm of Morpheus, and for once in his life Percy felt content...safe.

Far away the warmth smiled, at their sleeping child, silently making an oath to keep their child from harm. And never part from him for too long. Soon the warmth would be back.

(A/N) Here you guys go... a little treat for not updating sooner. I couldn't sleep and I had so man ideas for this story. so here you guys go, two chapters in one day. I love you all. I hope you like it and all that jazz! Till next time!!XD

Thank you guys, for being here.