Chapter Sixteen

Chapter 16

Soon after my conversation with Ace, Ace left with the demand that I get some more rest so my wounds would heal up faster. Of course, that isn't exactly what he said...Truth be told I stopped paying attention half way through his "fix you up" speech.

Taking a moment to clear my head I laid back on my firm pillows and almost instantly fell into darkness.

"...-old you Prosidion he is too powerful. He will over through us! He must be killed!" Zeus boomed atop his ivory throne.

"But father. He would be a powerful ally in the upcoming battles. With him, we may even have a fighting chance in this war. All we have to do is bring him to Olympus... in a non-threatening manner," Apollo spoke softly but there was something underlining his words, catching the attention of many.

"I must agree with Apollo father. The boy would be a great ally, and he could train the other demigods while Ares and I are away on missions." Athena noted.

"It would seem our old ways are to blame for not having the young demigod and his crew would be on our side. From all I can tell all of his crew, including him, were somewhat abandoned and left alone in the hands of monsters."Hera murmurs thoughtfully.

"Yes, and he takes after me, in the matter of fatal flaws. His fatal flaw is loyalty, is somehow we can tap in-"

"No Poseidon! We will not deceive him. We will earn his loyalty properly! You should know this, and besides, he is your son!" Hesta shrieked in shame while the hearth's flames grew larger and hotter in her anger.

"How the mighty have fallen" muttered Demeter under her breath, thinking of her daughter and what lengths she had taken to get her back, even if it was only for a short while.

Insane giggles echoed around the room. "Why, heh heh, I have an idea my king, lord Zeus. Why don't yo-"

The scene changed, although it still showed the throne room

"You have failed me daughter."

"My deepest apologies father" Artemis spoke, head bowed and arm across her chest.

"I would punish you, but I believe the shame you feel and your injuries are punishment enough" Zeus spoke his voice laced with disappointment and shame.

Artemis bowed her head more, from her position in the middle of the throne room. Although she didn't look as if she felt ashamed one bit.

"You are dismissed daughter" Zeus whispered before flashing out of the throne room.

Artemis stood in the now empty throne room with a smile on her face before she breathed "That what one hell of a sparring match Perseus Jackson". Then in a spark of silver light, she vanished.

The scene change once again.

I once again stood in darkness, but this time it was different. The air smelled of iron and copper. It was cold and... wet. You could hear soft breathing in the room and a faint rattling noise.

"Ahh Perseus, I see your back once again. Oh, I almost forgot im introducing you to my second most favorite guest.

(A\N) So this is a short chapter that I wrote like right after the last chapter but for some reason, I didnt think it was good enough for a chapter, and truth be told it's like the shortest chapter in this book, but don't you worry your pretty little heads. The next chapter should be up within the next couple of hours. So I hoped you liked it and all that jazz! Till next time! XD