Mad Love: Machine Gun

At Taehyung and Jimin's apartment. Taehyung had stumbled into his apartment with the widest smile on his face. He wouldn't be able to wipe it away even if he tried. Jimin approached him with a smile, but it slowly faded when he realized how messy his best friend appeared. Taehyung looked messy with his hair disheveled, his lips almost bruised and he even limped a bit. "Taehyung, what happened to you?"

It was stupid of him to ask, "What do you mean?" when his smile was spread from ear to ear.

Jimin pointed to the red mark on the side of his best friend's neck. "Is that a hickey?" he paused, and it was evident that he was bothered by this. "I thought you were working—" Taehyung covered his mark with his hand as he tried to play it off, but Jimin spoke before him, "Taehyung is that what you have been hiding from me? Are you seeing someone?"

He immediately shook his head, "I'm not seeing anyone—" he lied but Jimin wasn't buying it.

"Don't lie to me, Taehyung."

Taehyung looked at him for a moment before he exhaled deeply, but he managed to crack a smile. He shook his head and bit his lips together because he was seriously struggling with himself. He had no idea what he could say to Jimin.

Jimin looked away from him but crossed his arms over his chest, "Taehyung, I'm very worried about you. I respect you and your privacy, but you look like you were beat up." He spoke honestly and Taehyung wanted to laugh at that, but that would have to wait.

"Well...I wasn't. Don't worry, Chim Chim. I am fine." He smiled brightly to ease his worry, but then he limped towards his room and Jimin felt uneasy as he watched him. He couldn't remain in place so he followed him, "Tae, talk to me please." His voice softened and he practically begged. "Jimin, please." Taehyung laughed to ease him, and he turned to face him before placing a gentle hand on his shoulder, "Don't. Worry." He insisted.

Taehyung's smile was wide and his eyes were almost sparkling as he looked into his best friend's eyes. Jimin nodded, but he couldn't shake the uneasiness. There was something wrong. He just knew it. Taehyung leaned in and pecked his cheek, "Goodnight. Sweet dreams, Chim Chim."

Jimin whispered, "Goodnight, Tae..."

The following morning, Taehyung was completely naked, and he stared at his reflection. His body was decorated in hickeys and bruises. He had hand prints by his hips and hickeys ran down his neck and nape, but even so, he smiled brightly as his heart nearly skipped a beat in contentment. He became addicted to the marks because they made the feeling all too real. He ran his fingers down the marks and pressed gently on them until it stung. He smiled at his reflection as he remembered how deeply he craved Jungkook to hold him even tighter, so the marks were a bit of a surprise, but a pleasant one.

Taehyung got dressed and tried not to limp his way into the kitchen.

Jimin sat at the table, eating quietly but when he saw Taehyung, he stopped, "We should do something fun today." He suggested with a smile.

Taehyung sat beside him before pouring himself some cereal, "Like what?"

"Can we pleeeeeeeease go to the water park today? You don't have to go through the slides or the deeper end of the pool. Just...please?"

Taehyung tried to suppress the sudden dread that overtook him, and he stifled a giggle, "You just got out of the hospital, I think we should hold off—"

Jimin inched closer, "Please. Pleeeease. I nearly died and I don't want to die before we go to one." He knew that would convince him and though he felt a little guilty for saying that, he knew that Taehyung couldn't refuse.