Suicide Squad: Sweet Dreams are Made of These {Nightmares}

Gotham City was eerily quiet, most citizens were in mourning, wearing all black and sobbing quietly while they paid their respects during The Batman's memorial. There was a large statue made in his honor and people cried as they silently thanked the hero for his selflessness and bravery.

The criminals would have been out celebrating had it not been for The Joker's threats that flowed with the high winds down the streets. The Joker wanted silence.

At least for a day.

It was around midnight when the clock on Gotham's clock tower had been blacked out momentarily. The circle appearing pitch black to anyone that would look up to it. Then red, bold numbers appeared on the clock that read 12:00:00 for a second and then it started to count down.

Most of Gotham was sleeping at the moment, so the night was still.

On the other side of the city, a black van parked near an abandoned warehouse.

"Damn what's taking him so long?" Kyung was shaking, he breathed out and stared at the white cloud that formed from his hot breath against the cool of the night.

"Mr. J will be here soon." Jihoon said simply and he half smiled when he saw Zico and Yukwon walking out of the abandoned warehouse. The two clowns approached them, but Zico walked to the back of the van and gripped his hand on a large duffel bag.

Jihoon approached him and helped him carry the bag since it was really heavy, they grunted lightly as they carried it off of the van and towards the warehouse.

"So how exactly do those nightmares Taehyung is having work?" Jihoon frowned.

"Not sure. Boss said his biggest fears take a life of their own." Zico explained. "Say Taehyung witnessed his dog getting ran over and it traumatized him. Well, with this fear toxin, he's going to witness his death over and over and over again."

"Then how would someone get out of the nightmare?" Yukwon frowned.

"Most people wouldn't...but Taehyung isn't like most people, is he?" Zico's smile widened as he looked at his friends. "He has to face his fear and when he does...he'll move on to the next nightmare." He shrugged. "I'm not sure exactly when it would end, but I heard Mr. J and Chanyeol talking about how the toxin isn't exactly working for Taehyung the way it would for someone else." He paused for a moment. "The doctor goes into his room hourly and has to shoot him up with the toxin...I wouldn't be surprised if the effects wear off."

Kyung frowned lightly as his words sunk into his mind, "I know he's special—it's pretty obvious at this point that there's something about him...but what makes him so special?"

"He's the most powerful criminal in that joint." Jihoon smirked.

"But why?" Yukwon frowned, "What makes him so powerful? That prison has metahumans locked up too-"

They fell silent at the sound of the footsteps that approached them. They turned and stood up taller when their boss, wearing a deep blue suit appeared before them with a lit cigarette in between his fingers. He smirked as he looked at his minions and answered their question simply put. "Because the mind controller is the most powerful person until they meet the mind that cannot be controlled." He smirked as they nodded in understanding.

Taehyung couldn't be controlled even with a toxin that was meant to have him at their surrender. The minions smirked knowing this must have been pissing off Hyuna.