Suicide Squad: In the End, It's You and I

The media had been covering the accident that occurred in Belle Reve Penitentiary nonstop. There had been countless of criminals that died because of the explosion, but then there were just as many officers that died along with them—which made the situation bittersweet for the citizens of Gotham City. Many celebrated this time while others mourned the losses of their soldiers.

            It had been weeks since the explosion, but it remained a heavy topic in the media. What did this mean for the city? Though there was still crime in the city, it had lowered tremendously. The streets were much quieter—it was a bit eerie.

            The penitentiary was now in ashes.

Chanyeol had slowly walked through the rubble as he hugged himself to keep warm from the cold night. He frowned as he inspected the area for a moment. He walked through the ashes, and kicked a few of the debris around. He hummed solemnly, "I doubt any of them escaped through this..."

"So you really think Hyuna is dead?" Jungkook whispered into his earpiece.

Chanyeol nodded in response, but then he mentally smacked his head, "I just nodded." He whispered then scoffed in embarrassment.

"I figured." Jungkook responded, but there was a hint of teasing in his voice. "You know what to do now."

Chanyeol hummed, "You got it, boss."

            Chanyeol showed up at a police station with a badge and innocent smile, "I'm an intern," he explained, "...for an assignment I was asked to team up with someone to discuss forensics, and evidence—and I personally get nauseous so I'd recommend no dead bodies. But if we must discuss dead bodies then can it be a fresh one? I'd rather not deal with someone that has already decayed." He made his point by making a disgusted expression, "I just really want to go above and beyond in this and after what happened at that penitentiary—it's obvious we need a much bigger team." He continued to talk before the officer can say anything, and that made the officer annoyed. Chanyeol smiled brightly, "So when do we start?"

            A few hours later, Jungkook sat in the middle of the lab, setting up a long table. He placed black, closed bags around the edges of the table. He looked up when Chanyeol walked in, "Well?"

            Chanyeol smiled lightly, "You know I don't disappoint, boss." He shrugged as he walked towards something in the middle of the long table. "How strange..." he picked up the heart, "To hold a heart that isn't beating..." His voice trailed off as he turned to look at Jungkook, "You know when I told you I could bring someone back to life...I half expected to bring you back." He shook his head, "But then it would've been complicated because you are only human—not that it's a bad thing, but humans are so delicate. But not you, Mr. J!"  He rambled and then palmed his mouth.  "What I mean is the process will be easier for someone like Yoongi." He blushed from his rambling.

            Jungkook only seemed amused, and he was quiet for a moment before he whispered, "And would you?" he paused, "Would you have brought me back?"

            Chanyeol smiled gently, "In a heartbeat." He whispered but then blushed deeper when he glanced at the heart in his palms. "Get it." He giggled while Jungkook only cracked a smile.

            Jungkook turned to the table, "I got everything you needed. How long will this take?"

"A few hours." Chanyeol hesitated for a second, "But I..." his voice trailed off. He seemed uneasy as he placed the heart back down in the middle of the table. "I have to tell you something..." His voice trailed off again. "Something that's been on my mind." He nodded but then remained frozen for a few seconds.