Daddy's Lil' Monster: Trouble in Paradise

Taehyung sat on top of the van, he swung his feet around as he exhaled deeply for the sixth time and he pressed his hand to his chin. He pouted, and for once he wasn't rambling away which confused the minions around him. The seven minions awkwardly stood around him, watching him because they figured that's what Mr. J would want—to make sure that Taehyung was doing okay.

The minions glanced at each other. Zico was the first to clear his throat, "So that was your best friend, huh?"

Taehyung stared at nothing as he hummed as a response.

"Best friends with a cop, must be nice." Minhyuk smirked, "And with Jimin of all people." He chuckled. "You know Mr. J hates him, right?"

"Not surprised." Taehyung muttered, he looked at his fingers as he entwined them together. "Jimin hates him too." He pouted as he looked around hoping that Jungkook would come out of the room and finally talk to him. The whole ride was uncomfortable, Taehyung knew his lover was fuming and although he had said they would "talk later" they didn't end doing so. Jungkook just locked himself in the room. So now Taehyung waited outside because the cold air helped him feel more relaxed.

Jihoon cleared his throat, he looked at the ground as he spoke, "It's still so weird to see Mr. J like this..." his voice trailed off as he became lost in his thoughts. "A year ago he was obsessed with The Batman—and only with The Batman. When I started working for him I had never seen him talk to anyone, and I mean really have a conversation with someone. He was always to himself, ordering everyone around and punishing those that didn't follow his orders exactly the way he wanted them. Batman may intimidate other gangsters, suppliers, crime junkies, but everyone is terrified of Mr. J. At least with Batman you'd live, but with Mr. J... you'd face the worst possible death. See the thing about him is that he always had a plan—even when you thought he didn't, he always did. He's intelligent like that. He has these strange instincts-"

"Like a true killer." Yukwon mumbled.

Jihoon nodded, "Exactly. My point is, is that Mr. J is different...you did something to him. You have this effect on him that we've never seen before."

Taehyung lifted a brow as he stared at Jihoon for a moment, but he bit his lips together instead of commenting. Jaehyo's hand was shaking as he pressed a lit cigarette to his lips, inhaled sharply and puffed a smoke. He exhaled deeply as he glared at the ground, "You're really fucking him over." Taehyung rolled his eyes at the sound of Jaehyo's voice, it was beginning to make his head throb. "His priorities are different now...he doesn't worry about the Batman like he used to. He hardly mentions him now. Before he would spend hours determined to kill him and now he spends hours fucking you." Jaehyo glared at him.

Taehyung looked up at the sky before he took a deep breath, "You know what your problem is." He turned to stare at Jaehyo with a hint of threat in his eyes, his hands balled into fists as he continued. "You really don't like change, huh?"

"Is that so, Doc. Tell me what else is wrong with me." He mocked him.

Taehyung cracked a smile. "That's right, I am still a doctor..." his voice trailed off, but before Jaehyo could interject, Taehyung went on. "Late twenties, fairly strong though you look like a wimp, you can shoot without hesitation, decent health because of your smoking addiction." Taehyung squinted his eyes slightly as if he were analyzing Jaehyo, of course he was being playful, but Jaehyo was beyond annoyed. Taehyung hummed for a few seconds. "You didn't have parents growing up."

Jaehyo froze.

"Actually you didn't have any guardian growing up which explains why you always need to feel validated by anyone and in this case it's got to be Jungkook. How pathetic."