Daddy's Lil' Monster: This City Can't Burn With You In It

Taehyung was curled into a ball in the back seat of the purple Infiniti g35 as he gently cried. He squeezed his eyes shut, his heart hammering against his chest as Jungkook's words replayed in his mind countlessly:

"I love you, Kim Taehyung. More than I ever thought I could love someone...I never thought that I could love someone the way I love you, but you—you're everything to me. You mean everything to me."

Taehyung cried harder, the moment—his words had been so perfect, but the moment was so rushed, and Taehyung desperately had wanted to hold onto him, to tell him how much he felt the same way. But they ran out of time. And Taehyung didn't get the chance and now he can't stop crying. Every part of him screamed at him to go back to Jungkook, but he knew he had to obey him even though he felt like he was disobeying his instincts. His instincts wanted nothing more than to protect Jungkook in any way possible. But now it was too late to go back, and he knew he shouldn't disobey his daddy. He had to get himself home.

He wiped his tears and sniffled softly before he climbed over to the driver's seat. He inserted the key but froze when he heard a strange flapping noise. Flapping? Taehyung looked up and his eyes widened when he saw a swarm of bats flying away while making strange whiny noises. "What the hell?" Taehyung muttered as he looked at the key and contemplated what he should do. He exhaled deeply and turned on the engine before he slowly drove away.

He had been driving slowly, trying his best not to cause any attention so he could get himself home, but then he saw a dark figure struggling to move and Taehyung just knew who it was even without seeing him clearly. His instincts told him. Taehyung was shaking, trembling as he gripped onto the steering wheel because he desperately wanted to race to Jungkook. He wiped the sweat forming on his nape before he pulled over, stepped out of the car with his bat in hand as he glared at the dark figure. "You don't look so good." He teased with a small laugh and then he twirled towards the dark knight.

The Batman was grunting in pain, he was covered in his own blood as he struggled to move. He looked at Taehyung and panted tiredly, "Y-You..." He half glared at him for a moment but then he cracked a weak smile, "You're just like him...if not worse." He spat.

Taehyung grinned, his smile touching his eyes, "Aw, you're too sweet." He giggled and approached him comfortably, he tilted his head and looked him in the eyes, "Do you need me to call you a doctor, B-Man? How about the morgue to check you in?" he laughed louder. "I'm guessin' my Puddin' did this to ya? Woah, he really knows how to work a weapon, huh?" he winked.

Batman was weak, weaker than he had ever been in the past, and with his record of beating countless villains, that's saying a lot. He's never felt this way before, on the verge of death. Jungkook had been so close, and Batman wasn't sure how he was still alive after being ambushed by those damn clowns. He breathed heavily as he stared at Taehyung, "How will this end?"

Taehyung shrugged carelessly as he hummed, "With the city burning down to the ground."

"If the city burns, where does that leave you?"

Taehyung giggled, his smile growing as he pictured it, "Dancing around the ashes with the man I love. Now doesn't that sound romantic?" he giggled while Batman could only shake his head.

"You're so damaged, Taehyung—you're spoiled rotten." he muttered.

"Aw, Batsy, you're such a sweet talker." He grinned, "I'll be sure to get that tattooed on me, just for you." He pointed the tip of his bat to his cheek before he pointed it at Batman with a sinister glare.