Daddy's Lil' Monster: Bloody Nose, Bloody Cane

Taehyung's usual dark brown hair seemed to be glowing as he leaned against the wall beside a large window, a wide grin spread across his lips when he saw whom he was waiting for. He jumped forward and ran into his best friend's arms. "I didn't think you'd get out so early." He giggly cheerfully.

Jimin matched his smile, he shrugged lightly as they pulled from the hug, "Well you know dance practice can end quickly if everyone is focused." He brushed his best friend's fringe to look at his eyes better, and he grinned, "Did you want to get something to eat?"

"Always!" He took his hand and dragged him towards the small fast food place beside the campus. "My turn to treat you, Jiminie-" Jimin was about to protest but Taehyung covered his mouth, "Don't. I owe you, remember?" He smiled brightly as he bounced towards the front to order their food.

Jimin sat down in a booth and smiled when his best friend returned with the food, "That was quick." He moaned when he pulled his food closer, it looked far more delicious than it would had he not have been starving. His eyes glanced to Taehyung's arms, his sleeves had moved up a bit and he could see a purple mark around his forearm, "What's that?" he managed to ask, he had been very still, unable to breathe from the thought of someone hurting Taehyung.

Taehyung looked at his forearm and smiled lightly, "My dad—well step dad." He shrugged.

"Are you okay?"

"Of course. Why wouldn't I be?" his expression was calm—too calm and it made Jimin uneasy. He giggled happily, "Relax, Chim Chim, it's just a bruise. It'll go away in a few days-"

"He hurt you." He deadpanned, unable to process the situation when Taehyung was so calm, and appeared happy.

"Jimin, look at me." They looked into each other's eyes and Taehyung smiled brightly, "I'm fine."

"Your mother let it happen, didn't she?"

"She watched." Taehyung bit his lower lip, his finger toying with his French fries. He looked at his food for a moment then looked at Jimin.

"I'm going to protect you, Tae, I promise. I won't let them hurt you anymore. We can call the police, have them arrested and you'll be free-"

"That's not how I want to be free." He shook his head and then scoffed, "It's not so bad, and besides I think they're gonna split soon. My umma caught him cheating and he seems to like the other woman better."

"I'm sorry."

"Eh, don't be. He'll get what's coming to him." He shrugged. "Can we change the subject, I'm getting bored just thinking about my home life-" he picked up his drink and sucked the lemonade through the straw.

"Let's move in together."

Taehyung choked on his drink. He patted his chest and tried to breathe normally, "You coulda eased me into it, Jiminie." He chuckled, but Jimin looked him in the eyes with a small smile on his face. "You serious?"

"Dead serious. We can move into a studio apartment now if you want or when we graduate. I have enough money saved up for the first couple of months-"

"Woah, slow down." He chuckled, "and here I thought I was the more spontaneous one between the two of us." He grinned. "Yeah, let's move in together. Soon, please. I need to get the hell out."

Jimin's smile grew, he reached forward and held Taehyung's hand. "I'm going to take care of you, Tae."

Taehyung looked at him for a moment before he looked away with a small smile on his lips.