Chapter 24.

Chapter 24.

Seconds, minutes, hours, days, and weeks.

Harry hasn’t called, texted or even came over my house for 2 weeks. School has started and my parents are back from wherever they were. Chase hasn’t been bullying me in school, he’s probably scared of Harry. My father came home drunk yesterday and as usual, he gave me a black eye. Nick has been talking a lot to me lately and he’s always trying to make conversations with me, I don’t really mind that he’s trying to be nice and all, but sometimes I just get a tad bit annoyed by him. He’s sometimes just too clingy.

My life has returned back to normal but I came to realize that I hated it. I missed Harry so much, I even tried to call him, but he didn’t pick up. Wow, I sound like those cliché girls who have fallen so hard for a guy and he left her. Well, except I have not fallen for Harry.

School is almost finished; I only have one more session, science. I’ve never been a big fan of science, but I find some things interesting, that is, if I’m in the mood. When school started 2 weeks ago, I found out that Nick has moved to science and he’s now sitting 2 seats away from me. Sometimes I just have this weird vibe around him, but I often let it slip because hey, he’s just being nice, right?

“Okay class, can anybody tell me how fast light travels?”

And as usual, everybody kept quiet and some might be discussing the answers with their friends. I rolled my eyes and raised my hands up. I may or may not be active in class, but let’s just say that I’m in the mood today.

“Yes! Ms. Parker?”

Everybody’s eyes are on me now.

“Light travels at the speed of300,000 kilometers per second.”

“Correct!”

“Now,-“

Everybody faced the teacher and she started talking about light and then she blabbered on and on.

When the clock strikes 3pm, the bell rang and of course, the teacher had to stop us from packing our things.

“Class! I want you to make a little poster about Light and all that we’ve discussed today. This little assignment can either be individual or partners. Remember, you’ll have to present it on Thursday. Good bye, class.”

I nodded and head over to the classroom exit and then went down the stairs to my locker. What do you know? Nick is leaning beside my locker talking to jocks. Should I run pass him and not get my things or should I just go to my locker and talk to him? Maybe he doesn’t want to talk?

I walked over to my locker pretending not to notice his presence. I took my Science books, since we had a poster thing to do.

“Bye, dude.”

“Yeah, bye.”

I heard Nick and the jocks saying bye to each other, I closed my locker, ready to make a run to the exit when Nick stood behind me. I spun around and Nick was in front of me.

“Hey, Violet.” Nick said with a smile. I’d be lying if I said he’s unattractive. Sometimes, I would even hear girls talking about him in the bathroom, and I think that’s pretty disturbing.

“Hey, Nick.” I faked smile.

“For science, I was wondering if we-“ I knew where this was leading so I immediately cut him off.

“I’m doing the poster alone.” My eyes flickered to the school’s exit and back to him. Oh, the exit is so close but so far away.

“O-Oh B-but I was wondering if you wanted to do it together, y’know, since I suck in science and,” He trailed off.