Chapter 25.

Chapter 25.

“I kicked your father out of the house.”

“What? When?”

“I did it for the best, we’ll start a new, better life without him. I kicked him out this morning when he barged in my room and started throwing beer bottles everywhere. I just couldn’t take it anymore.” My mother sniffed.

“O-Oh, okay.”

I’m feeling so awkward.

“I- I think I should go to bed, it’s already getting late.”

My mother nodded and I stood up from my chair grabbing the plate and glass. I walked over to the kitchen to put it in the sink. When I was done washing my dish and glass, I walked up the stairs and into my bedroom.
Right now, I just want to sleep forever and never wake up.

----------

“Vi, Vi. Wake up.” I heard my mother’s voice.

I groaned and stretched, making weird noises. I opened my eyes slowly to see my mother sat beside me.

“I was wondering if you wanted to go to the mall with me? Y- You know, like those mother daughter day?” She asked.

“Uh,”

Should I? I glanced at the clock on my wall; 10.23. Nick is coming over at 3pm, I’ll just waste time in the mall then.

“Um, sure. I guess.” I shrugged.

“Great! Be ready in 15 minutes.” She smiled and exited my room.

With a yawn, I stood up from my bed and walked directly to my bathroom.

After I was done with showering myself, I exited the bathroom with a fresh and strawberry scented body. Today seems pretty cold, so I put on my under garments and then a sweater with skinny jeans.

With one final look in the mirror, I took my phone, earphones and wallet and put it in my purse. 

“Vi, are you ready?” My mother’s voice rang through the small house.

“Yeah, coming!” I ran down the stairs and saw my mother waiting outside the house.

I jogged to her car and put on my seatbelt.

“Ready?”

I nodded and she started driving. The whole drive was so awkward; my mother would try to make awkward conversations while I wasn’t even paying much attention. I’m awkward around people, especially if it is my mother.

When we arrived in the mall, my mother was the first to step out, then I.

“So, where do you want to go first?”

“I don’t know.” I murmured.

“How about we go clothes shopping first?” She looked up and down at what I’m wearing, as if trying to say ‘ew, your clothes look so old’. Ouch.

“Sure.”

She grabbed me by the hand and dragged me to Pull&Bear. The second I entered, a lot of girls were hanging out with each other, having fun, being social, but me? I’m here with my mother. How nice.

“Go ahead and pick whatever you like.” She half smiled.

I started walking around awkwardly and looked around. There aren’t really a lot of things that caught my eye, but only one did. It was a black sweatshirt with the writing “black coffee” on it. I got the large size, and went to the fitting room. Yes, I purposely buy my sweatshirts in large size, it’s comfortable and big.