Chapter 36.

Chapter 36. 

“Harry, let’s go.”

As soon as those 3 words flew out of my mouth, my heart beat increased even more. Sure I’ve always dreamed of escaping or in other words, running away, but I’ve never thought I’d actually do it, especially with someone. Right now, I don’t care about what’s going to happen in the future, what’s going to happen on the way, what’s going to happen after Harry and I leave this place because all I care about is running away; running away from my father, my mother, my school, bullies, this awful city and my awful life. I want to be able to start over, because I know it’s not too late. I want to be able to start from the beginning. I want to find a new place to live in, and I just basically want to start a new life.

“I’m on my way.” He replied and then hung up.

With my shaky hands, I put my phone in my pocket and walked slowly to the door. Oh, right, I forgot, I got another phone 2 days ago; Harry gave me a phone when I told him that my father smashed it. I told him that it wasn’t necessary because I’ll not use it, but he said ‘Think of it as a present from me to you’. We both argued for minutes, until I realized that he wouldn’t stop until I accepted his ‘gift’, so I did. I said ‘fine’ and we both stopped arguing.

After a deep breath, I put my ear against the wooden bathroom door so I could hear what’s going on in the other side of the door. I can hear heavy and slow footsteps. It was quiet, too quiet actually.

“I know you’re in here somewhere.” My father’s voice echoed through the empty room. Déjà vu.

It was totally silent again, until my phone vibrated against my pocket. I took it out, hoping it was Harry, but to my surprise, it wasn’t. Instead, it was an unknown number. Who would it be? I really don’t know a lot of people, so this is probably a person who called the wrong number. It’s possible, right? I hesitated, but pressed the answer button and pressed my phone against my ear.

“Hello?” The person said. Wait, mother? This sounds exactly like her.

“Mum?” I questioned.

“Yes, Vi, listen. I don’t have much time,”

When she said that, my heart started beating faster against my heart and then, suddenly, my father’s loud voice boomed; “Violet!”

“I know about that Harry Styles boy, I know you’re with him and I also know about your running away plan.”

She stopped. Wait what? How in the world does she know? I’m so dead. My palms started sweating and my heart sunk.

“Go.” She whispered.

“What?” I’m now confused.

“Yes, Violet. Go, I know how much you don’t like this life and this is all my fault, so, go!”

“Wait mum.” Tears were threatening to spill out of my eyes.

“Yes, Violet?” Her voice came out shaky.

“How do you know about this?”

“Violet, I want you to know that you’ve been a very good and patient daughter and you deserve that Harry boy. He’s a very good lad.”

Before I could process anything, she spoke again.

“Violet, I also want you to know that I love you so much. I love you Violet,” She choked on her own words as she clearly sounds like she was crying. Oh God, now I feel like shit.

“I love y-“ Before I could answer, my mother abruptly hung the phone up. I widened my eyes and pulled the phone away from my ear. I tried dialing her number again, but when I pressed ‘call’ it said that it was busy.