Chapter 55.

Chapter 55.

 -Violet’s POV-

 Well, now I know that both of my parents are no longer with me. Actually, my father was never with me from the beginning of time, so I guess he doesn’t really count. My mother was with me for a little while, then she sort of lost her mind and then a few years later, she came back, but then she left again. I guess nothing lasts forever huh? After my father’s ‘death’, Jay didn’t really say anything except for “take him away or whatever.” I wasn’t surprised that that was the only thing he said honestly. It’s expected, actually. Aaron has been nothing but nice to me these past 2 days, and honestly, I’m pretty much still suspicious of him. It’s impossible for him to be nice all of a sudden, not just like that, not just in a snap of two fingers. People are capable of change, but not just in a sudden, people gradually change, I think. Jay is still a moody dick, he still acts the same. He locks me inside the room and leaves me alone. He never really bothers with me, and I am thankful for that. Then again, this means that he never really wanted anything to do with me in the first place, he never really gave a shit about me in the first place, he only wants Harry. I guess I’m pretty much thankful for that, but in the same time, I’m worried for Harry. I mean, I’m pretty sure Jay is sending a bunch of people to look for Harry and if they catch him, I can’t imagine the violent shit they would do to him. I shudder just thinking of it.

Yesterday I tried sneaking out again, but Aaron caught me, again. I swear, this guy is all over the place. I wish I could do something to help Harry, I wish I can get out of this place and find Harry or something but if you think of it  twice or thrice, it’s pretty much an impossible thing to do because first off, this place is freaking guarded, meaning I can’t get further than the end of the hallway, second, I’m 100% that Harry isn’t in the city we were previously in. I know he’s not that dumb, and he could be somewhere in this city. I don’t even think he’s staying in his house because I’m pretty sure he knows that they’ll find him and drag him down here or something. Aaron isn’t doing anything to help me get out of this shithole, because what he said for the 5th time, “I’m a selfish man, Violet” whatever that means.

For the past 2 days, Aaron has been coming into my room and has been attempting to start a conversation with me. I don’t mind him doing that, but lately, I’ve not been in the mood to talk a lot. The only person I have in my life is in danger, and well, if you count Blaze in, I don’t even know where he is. He’s probably with Harry. That makes the two people I actually care about in danger. Great.

“Vi?” I hear Aaron’s voice from the doorway.

“Hm?” I hum as I still have my eyes focused on my book. Aaron gave me this book and said that I’m going to be here for a while and he said that I’m probably going to be bored.

“You doing okay?” He always says this, almost every time he comes into the room. I’m not complaining or anything, but I’m just saying. I guess it’s nice to have someone to care about how I’m doing.

“Yeah, I guess.” I put the book down and look at him still standing in the doorway. He has his arms crossed and he’s leaning against the wooden doorframe.

I know, I don’t even sound worried, or frightened or anything. That’s because I know for a fact that Jay isn’t going to go near me, and I know for a fact that I can’t get out of here, so what’s the point in trying over and over again if you’re going to fail again?

Aaron enters the room and sits down on the bed looking at me, lying on my stomach.

“Can I like go?” I ask him. Wow, that was a pretty idiotic question you asked there.

“Go where?” He raises his eyebrows and looks at me confusingly.

“Go out. Outside and never come back?” I chuckle and sit up.