Chapter 46. (Part 1)

 “Ah, so nice to see you again, Harry, and Violet.” He smiles, showing his yellow teeth. It’s something I’m always disgusted by, when I see my father. He’s always drinking beer and it ruins his teeth. It becomes yellow and it looks pretty damaged. Sometimes, when I talk to him, I could always smell the beer stench coming out of his mouth.

“What are you doing here?” I glare at him.

“Can’t a hard working man take a nice, long vacation?” He smiles.

A hard working man? What the hell does that even mean? All he does is drink, get drunk, pass out, and repeat. Heck I don’t even know where he get enough money to buy all those beers. Maybe he gets mother’s money. My mother works and she gets paid pretty well. I wouldn’t say she gets paid a lot, but she doesn’t get paid a little amount of money, so yeah, I guess it’s just fair.

“A hard working man?” I snort.

My ‘father’ glares at me and shifts his gaze to Harry. Harry’s grip on my hand feels like it’s getting tighter, but I don’t mind because it’s not the most important thing right now, I mean, my father is in front of us. What the hell does he want? And it’s no coincidence that he just happens to be here.

“Ah, Harry, how are you doing? Having fun with my daughter?” He smiles.

I have the sudden urge to slap that disgusting man in front of me. ‘My daughter’? Who the hell does he think he is? Sure, he’s my ‘father’, but out of the countless times he’s beaten me up, treat me like I’m some slave, I don’t want to be called ‘his daughter’.

“We were doing fine until you showed up.” I snapped. He smiles and looks at me. What’s up with him? It’s really obvious that he’s planning something. I know him, when he acts really nice, like nothing bad happened, he’d eventually do something bad to you. I know him too well.

“Now now, there’s no reason to be so bitchy.” He put on a tight smile.

“What are you doing here?” I ask again.

“I told you, little girl, i'm having a vacation.” No he’s fucking not.

“Don’t call me that.” I snap again.

“I see that she left you a little bruise since the last time we saw you.” Harry let out a forced laugh.

I look at his forehead and see that there’s a brownish bruise. It must’ve when I pushed him while he was drunk. I was in the bathroom hiding from him and when he was walking towards me with his bottle of beer on his hand, I pulled him in the bathtub with me, I saw him fall face-first to the concrete bathtub and he must’ve been unconscious. I’m pretty surprised that his nose didn’t break. That’s one strong nose he has.

“Strong girl she is.” My ‘father’ let out a forced laugh as well.

This has become awkward.

“What do you want?” I ask him.

“Nothing, just saw you sitting by the lake there and wanted to say hi, but you bumped into me.” He shrugged.

“N-“ He cut me off with whatever he’s going to say.

“Well, it was nice seeing you guys, bye.” He smiles and walks away without another glance of us.

“Let’s go.” I mumble and drag Harry with me.

-----

The first thing that I did when we got home was going up the stairs, but Harry grabbed my wrist and asked me if I wanted to talk about it. I said no since I’m not in the mood to talk to anyone right now. So right now, I’m lying on our bed as I face the white ceiling.