Chapter Two

LEXION

A/N the photo above is of Lexion (I don't own the copyrights to the picture)

Lex had not wanted to go hunt for the invading rogues, but he hadn't been given a choice

Lex had not wanted to go hunt for the invading rogues, but he hadn't been given a choice. It was his birthday damn it, he shouldn't have to spend the night hunting good-for-nothing wolves who enjoyed preying on decent Weres. But as the alpha heir, the protection of the pack was his duty. And the fact that his little sister was going? Yeah, that left him with no wiggle room.

There was a party in his honour, plenty of unmated she-wolves from all over had come hoping to be the next Luna of the pack. Many of them were willing to go to second or third base with him. Now, his gamma and delta would be enjoying them while he was stuck hunting some scrawny rogues. Surely the thirty warriors going to the hunt did not need him, especially with his all-round super wolf of a cousin going.

No. He found himself running to the pack border to intercept rogues with an overkill team. If not for the party, there would've been some warriors close by. Besides which, their pack was surrounded by the rest of the packs in their alliance. Those would be attacked first, so only a measly rogue or two would get this far undetected. Whatever.

He would not stoop so low as to sulk, but damn it they should have cut him some slack, at least for today. He ran at the back of the group when he should've been at the head. His wolf urged him to the front but he wasn't way into the dignity of an alpha as his wolf was. He did not want to be here!

Just before they got to the clearing his cousin, Aldrich, ordered them to stop and directed the warriors to surround the small clearing, where evidently one of the rogues was. As there were two, he dispatched others to go and hunt for the other.

'You should be directing the warriors.' His wolf argued, taking up where he had left off as they ran.

'Dude, let it go already. I'm supposedly here to learn from him as I know nothing about hunting rogues. It's not like we have plenty of attacks. What do you want me to do, stand around giving officious orders so they all know I'm their heir?'

His wolf sighed, unhappy but knowing there was no argument to beat that. The last thing they needed to be was the bratty know-it-all alpha heir.

"Leonora, go and question her," Aldrich ordered his sister. "Lexion and I will back you."