Ext 2

LEXION

They ended up waking all the Alphas and their elites

They ended up waking all the Alphas and their elites. Lex saw how pale all of them were, even as they tried to appear unaffected and in control. As they gathered in Nia's sitting room, he took up his mate and returned her to her bed.

Lexion hated the idea of her being vulnerable in front of so many strong bloods. It was bad enough they'd experienced what she'd been through. Nia didn't need their constant pitiful glances, even if she wasn't aware of them.

"What the heck was that?" Lex's paternal aunt asked once he was back.

"I don't know." He sighed as he threw himself onto an empty seat.

"It's a memori." The Shadow's End Oracle croaked, his face stark as he shuddered, no doubt at the horrific memory they'd just shared. "Only healers could induce one and it was shared by those willing to take the burden of a memory's pain from someone."

There was a telling silence. Lexion bristled at what no one was saying but no doubt all were thinking. "Nia would never force anything on anyone." He growled. "Not after..." Rage stopped him from saying the rest but there was no need to continue.

He paced away from them, unable to look at faces he was sure were accusing without attacking.

"That's not what I meant alpha." The Oracle disclaimed, Lexion ignored him, keeping his back on them and fisting his hands to stop himself.

"You said Mother wanted her to remember that day?" Ben asked his voice, much as his eyes were when Lexion met them, hard.

"Of course." Lex gritted. "Would you mind asking her to grace us with her presence?" The sarcasm in his voice was biting.

"Should we be rushing into calling the goddess? I mean the couple of times she's been here haven't exactly been all that comfortable." Lex's maternal aunt asked.

"Right now most of the pack is experiencing what happened to Nia over and over again." He explained. "Cade can't protect the weaker members for long." He pointed to the teen who seemed already at his limit.

"The goddess is the only one who can free them all fast enough." He met his aunt's worried gaze. "Believe me, I hate having to deal with her but it's the lesser of two evils."

"I don't think your new mother-in-law will appreciate the sentiment." His uncle Devon cautioned. Lex shot him a questioning glance. His sire's brother was the last person he'd ever had thought to caution him as such. He'd never made bones about his dislike of the goddess and Lex took his boldness from him.

His uncle shrugged. "You're my second heir and only nephew."

"Don't worry uncle, the Moon and I have an understanding."

It was the Alpha's turn to give him a questioning look. Without any further complaint, Ben bowed his head and closed his eyes. Lexion had never witnessed any of Nia's family calling to their Mother, nor had Lex.