Chapter Thirteen

LEXION

Dawn was breaking over the horizon, yet the moon stubbornly kept her place

Dawn was breaking over the horizon, yet the moon stubbornly kept her place. Fading, but holding as she was in werewolf lives.

Reluctant to move, he stared at the luminous orb gracing the cloudless sky. Its hollowed face was as plain and mysterious as ever. Lex wondered how the moon could be a lump of space rock while still being the embodiment of a goddess. Was she always looking down at them as they were taught? Probably going out of her way to ruin their lives.

Its simple beauty was alluring to the were. So as to rule them, even against their will. They were forever drawn to her and couldn't help but love the moon, goddess and rock. It was the same beauty he sensed in his mate, especially since the moon's visit. Would everyone be drawn to her in the same way?

Unable to help himself, he turned to her, staring. Like he had been long after she had finally fallen asleep. She was so beautiful, with delicate, flawless, sculptured features that could have come from any aristocratic family tree. And yet they were much more. As if at the time of creation, she had been gifted with the finest features there could be.

'Lexion.' his father's mental voice was a command, one he had been waiting for, long before the sun had peaked over the horizon.

'I'll be ten minutes, my Alpha.' At that moment he wasn't his father but the Alpha of the pack.

With a sigh, he got up and went to the small bathroom attached to the room. There were always new toothbrushes in the cabinet so he opened one to use before freshening up as best as he could. With a last look at his peacefully sleeping mate, he left to face his father.

The ground that has hosted his party had little evidence of it. The tables and chairs were gone, as were the bins and their trash. Nothing remained of the party, except the people. So he was to have an audience, he winced.

At the edge of the gathered pack, with the exception of those on duty, Cadan stood with two prepubescent girls and another guy his age. They'd be the 'siblings' Nia had told him about. Lex noted the similar features between them and wondered at it. There had to be more to the adoption than the Moon was willing to say.

The pack parted for him as he made his way to the stage that had been set up for the moment, his father had to be seriously pissed to put on such a show. Besides him Sat his mother, as his co-ruler and with them the visiting neighbouring Alphas and their Lunas.

Head held high he approached them. He bowed, baring his neck fully to the side in submission. It galled his wolf, who had been pressing to challenge his father but Lex knew better than to commit such monumental idiocy.

"Lexion." the Alpha's power came through in that address and Lex almost winced. "You were sent to ascertain if the breach in the pack lands was a threat," he stated with the same power. "Would you tell us what happened once you were there?"