Chapter Fifty-Three

TANIA

She abandoned herself to his touch, his taste

She abandoned herself to his touch, his taste. His strong hands mapped her body, gentle. He seemed to revere her, to memorize her as if he were a blind man. As if he was one of her worshippers awed that she was before him. Was that the case?

It didn't matter! His mouth on all her sensuous points mattered, his teeth nipping at her, his tongue tasting her as if she were the most delicious and delicate treat. She clutched him to her, sank her nails into his back and scored her way down its rigid muscles that still flowed beneath her touch.

He held her to him, strong and virile. His heat seeped into her and she drew it like a long starved child. She couldn't get enough, couldn't touch him enough. Her mouth devoured him, claimed him with a desperation of knowing this would be the only time she'd hold him like this. And he was intoxicating, adictive.

As frantic as they were in their passion, he whispered sweet words to her. Words that broke her heart, words she couldn't help but utter back to him. How could she love him so deep? Need him this much?

Her body sang its response to him, her power soared and met his, entwined. It was like she was a piece of a puzzle that made sense only withing his arms, became complete. Her skin burned with his slightest touch but as they lay against each other she became a raging fire that consumed and was consumed by him.

She felt her teeth aching, her canines to be precise and following some primal instinct that overrode any common sense, she attacked. Her teeth sank into his jugular, at the point where his neck flowed into his shoulder. Her mind was in a haze of pleasure as she felt his pulse against her teeth. Pleasure that intensified as his own canines sank into her.

She screamed, convulsing in his arms as something snapped between them. Power. Nia was enough of a goddess to realise the finality of the bond. To realise her uncle was going to lose it, maybe enough to throw her into the dungeons. In that moment she didn't care.

Then even more power surged inside her, like something that had been caged inside her had found its freedom. She didn't have time to be scared as the sentient power took over and sank her teeth into the same bite she'd just made. Nia felt her lover's teeth find the bite he'd given her and she came again.

Her memories came with the resurgence of her wolf. Everything. She chocked on a sob, conflicted. Lex drew back and met her pained gaze with his own. "Nia, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have gotten so carried away."

He sounded so anguished, full of self loathing. "No, I wanted this, that's not why I'm upset." She let the tears have free reign.

His hand brushed her tears away, his expression still pained. "Then what is it?"

"He made me love him." As he froze in her arms, Nia realised her mistake. "Umbran," she corrected his assumption, not that that was much of an explanation. "He told me I was his niece, that his enemies had taken and tortured me until I lost my memory. In the last three months he made me love him so much that I was willing to mate with Jake to please him. Why would he do that to me?"