Chapter Forty-one

LEXION

'Is everything set?' He mindsent to his gamma

'Yes Lex,' Kai replied in a weary, much put upon tone. 'Just like it was three minutes ago when you last asked.'

''Good, I want everything to be perfect today.'

'Now will you let me go and finish up?' Kai demanded.

'Didn't you just say you're done?'

Kai sighed, 'The food Lex. I'm sure you want it hot and fresh when you get here.'

'Right. Go ahead then. And Kai,'

'Yeah?'

'Thanks.'

Disengaging from the mental link, Lex lifted the tray from the counter and turned to go back to Nia's bedroom. The food wasn't all that, just a glass of the o.j his mate liked and hot buttered toast. He didn't want her to be too full for what he'd planned but he also didn't want her to start the day hungry.

Since he had the day off from his punishments, on condition that the next day he'd do it all, he intended to spoil his mate. They hadn't had all that much time to spend together and the little they'd shared had been harrowing. Well, except for a few very memorable moments, last night being more so. Still, he wanted today to be perfect.

"Morning." Nia said from the doorway.

"Oh," he paused in his step. "I wanted to serve you breakfast in bed."

A pleased smile blossomed on her face and she took the remaining steps between them. Her walk was sensual, not because she tried to make it so but because it was always how she moved. Like she didn't need ro exaggerate anything about herself to be enticing. "Thank you." She said and kissed him.

"You're not in bed." Lex accused once the kiss ended.

"I wanted to spend some time with you before you had to leave."

"Well, it so happens I asked my dad to let me have the day off. So you have all the time with me."

"Really?" She asked, excitement in her eyes. Lex nodded and she threw herself into his arms, laughing and saying yes over and over.

He laughed along with her, spinning them around on the spot. "Now eat your breakfast and get ready." He said once she was back on her feet. "We have to leave in thirty minutes."

"Where are we going?"

"To celebrate your belated birthday." He gave her a mock frown. "For some reason it slipped my mind that it was two days ago."

His mate's cheeks turned crimson, her eyes widened and she looked mortified. Her head tilted to the side at an adorable angle that still showed how contrite she felt.