Chapter Fifty-Two

TANIA

Her hand went to her lips, his taste lingering on them

Her hand went to her lips, his taste lingering on them. She wanted more. More of that mindblowing passion that obliterated everything she was until she was reduced to a mass of need.

Who was he? Could he be a figment of her imagination? Someone she conjured up to escape the inevitability of her mating to her mate?

He hadn't been as good looking as her mate but something about him had been better. She just couldn't pinpoint what. Not that he wasn't good looking, no, his grey eyes had been hypnotic. His nose Roman straight, his jaw chiselled to perfection, and his lips...

Nia bit her own as she recalled tasting his sensual ones. No, he'd been deliciously gorgeous in a totally masculine way. And that tall hard body had made her weak, especially when she'd been drawn against it.

Jake wasn't as tall and he was somehow too pretty and the times she'd suffered being held by him she hadn't felt sheltered. But this guy, oh he'd made her aware she was feminine. He'd made her feel small and cared for, like she could afford to be weak without fearing he'd take advantage.

And that hard, toned body of his had felt like heaven beneath her exploring hands. It hadn't helped that his voice had sounded like the one she'd imagined about a month back. That seductive purring bass. Why had she woken up anyway?

Nia's eyes widened. She'd felt her uncle's questing power!

He'd be here soon and the last thing she wanted him to realise was that she'd used her power to magic up a dream lover. Okay knowing her uncle he'd probably sensed her use of power and responded so she needed to come up with a good answer other than the truth.

She scrambled out of bed, took up her gown and put it on. She felt her uncle's energy as he teleported into her sitting room. He always made sure to anounce his arrival with his power and never came into her bedroom.

"Uncle?" She questioned as she opened her bedroom door. He moved past her and Nia blinked her surprise. "What...?"

"I felt foreign power here." He stated, his own power cloaking about him with deadly intent. He took a deep breath then his eyes flashed with steel, Nia took a step back wondering if he knew what she'd done. "The Fates." He declared as if it were a curse then his hard gaze zeroed in on her. "What did they want?" He demanded.

Nia didn't need to fake any confusion, she had no idea what he was talking about. "The fates? I didn't see anyone uncle, I was sleeping. I only woke up when I felt your power wash over me."

His gaze narrowed on her, searching and Nia dreaded the question she knew he was going to ask. "What were you dreaming of?"

She wasn't all that good at lying she knew, her tongue seemed to twist upon itself and her skin flamed enough to cook an egg. "I was in a dark forest," she began thinking of telling the truth but in a way that would hide what she'd done in the dream. Could there be more to it than her own power?