Chapter Twenty-Six

TANIA

As she said that, Nia wondered if she was somehow trying to show off

As she said that, Nia wondered if she was somehow trying to show off. While it wasn't in her nature to do so, she no longer knew who she was. So many changes had happened in so few months, especially the last four days.

She had been a high school student, a mate to an Alpha, a homeless teen, pregnant, a rogue, a mate to an alpha, the child of a goddess and now a god was telling her there was more to her. On top of that she saw the doubt in the eyes of those around her. The doubt in the Oracles in front of her.

She hadn't asked for any of this. The last thing she'd ever wanted was to be in the werewolf hierarchy, but it was now out of her hands. She could either fold and let down all who counted on her, her mate, her siblings, or she could rise up and take charge.

She'd let Huehuecoyotl goad her into overreaching herself. Now she was exposing the one skill she and her siblings all had just because she was pissed at the Oracle's arrogance.

'I'm sorry guys.' She sent to her siblings making sure to project her emotions.

'We'll trust them until they give us reason not to.' Her brother Ben stated.

'We're with you.' Cade put in. 'You did nothing wrong'

With a small nod she closed her eyes and reached for the familiar bonding patterns. She hadn't been officially accepted as a member of the pack but her potential as their luna heir formed enough of a bond. With Lex and Cade helping her she touched the minds of all about her.

A balance had to be maintained between connecting with the others and respecting their privacy of thoughts. She sensed them all alert to see how far into their psyche she would go. These were people skilled in living at that edge, knowing when to go deeper or withdraw.

Nia pushed the idea of their judgement aside and chose to trust herself. She had committed to this path and she would hold her head high even if she failed. Hadn't she told the old Coyote young people made mistakes? She too was young, and these alpha bloods couldn't expect her to be flawless.

Memories tended to be filtered through the thoughts and impressions of the person who had them, making them somewhat false. Together, and with a lot of practice, she and her siblings had come up with a way to place themselves and others into a point in memory then detach from their perception to become observers.

In that they managed to see more than they remembered. Cade thought they somehow went back in time, but only in their psyche and so never broke the governing rules.

She went back a little to when the fight between Lex and his sister had started even though she hadn't been there. They watched as Lex threw the first punch, as Leo blocked it and the fight escalated from there. Once again she was awed by the strength and skill her mate displayed. How controlled he was in that strength.