O.N.E

===============================

"Okay, that's not funny." Nadia dusted the wadded up spit balls from her hair. "That's not funny." The three goons behind her mocked. Nadia had named them goons because they never did anything for themselves. They always followed each other.

There was Nathan, he was a complete idiot, and the biggest goon. His stomach hung over his elastic pants, and he wore the same sweat suit everyday. He was a white boy. Than there was Thomas he had buck teeth, and an abnormally large head, he was black. Lastly was Will. He was light skinned. There was nothing particulary special about him. He just followed everything Nathan, and Thomas did without fail.

Nadia let out out a scream of frustration as the word problems seemed to dance around in front of her, taunting her. "Nadia, calm down." The classroom consisted of two teachers. The first teacher was the teacher for the class room, and the second teacher was Nadia's "personal helper." Her name was Mrs. Wilkins. 

She was a very tall black women who always wore an afro. "I can't do this." Nadia often had "episodes" where she would literally throw a fit when it came to trying to figure something out. Nadia had only learned she had a learning disorder three years ago. She was unsure of how to handle it still. Instead of talking things out, or asking for help. She would instead have an episode.

Her classmates would look at her oddly, and think that she was weird, but they just really didn't understand how her mind worked. "I don't understand this!" Nadia sniffled as tears cascaded down her cheeks. "Let's step outside for a minute." Nadia took Mrs. Wilkins's hand, as she was lead out into the empty hall way.

Nadia closed the classroom door shut leaning against the outside wall, as she took in a couple shallow breaths. Mrs. Wilkins squat down to Nadia's height. She had taken on the genetics of her grandmother, and her mother. She was short at 4'6, and petite like her Mother.

"It's okay Nadia. You just have to take your time sweetheart." Nadia wiped her eyes with the back of her hand. "Can I go home?" Mrs. Wilkins nodded. It was really rare for her to ask that. She would usually just pushed through the rest of the day.

"I'll tell your teacher."

Despite what anyone thought about her, Nadia had straight A's. Her classmates thought she was stupid though. Ms. Wilkins returned a moment later with her backpack, and the rest of her classwork. Nadia took Ms. Wilkins's hand following her to her office as the bell rang loudly throughout the middle school hallways.

Nadia pushed passed some of the kids as they began to spill out into the hallway from their classroom's. "Nay,Where are you going?" Nadia turned to see Katy running to catch up. "You want to talk to Katy while I call your parents?" Mrs Wilkins asked, and Nadia nodded. Mrs. Wilkins invited them both in shutting the door as she walked to the back to use her office phone.

Katy plopped down on Mrs. Wilkins's plush couch. Nadia sat beside her. "What's wrong? Did it get hard again?" Katy was the only one who really seemed to understand her complications with learning. Nadia nodded. " I had a episode. I can't be here, I'm freaking out." Katy nodded. "Oh. I don't want you to go, but I get it. We get to go outside for gym today.

Nadia looked at Katy. "We do?" Katy nodded. "Yeah. That's what the teacher said." Mrs. Wilkins returned from her office a minute later. "Your Dad is coming" Katy leaned against the couch talking to Nadia till the bell rang. Nadia waited fifteen long minutes til her Dad came. She felt really bad because he was always busy at work.

"Baby?" Nadia had laid down on the couch till she saw her Dad poke his head in. Nadia hopped up quickly running over to her Dad. He lifted her in his arm's with ease. "You okay? You had an episode babygirl?" Nadia just nodded not caring that her Dad was holding her bridal style. She let him carry her out into the hallway, and to the car as she clung to his neck.

"I have to get back to work, but I'm gonna drop you at your brother's." Nadia nodded, as her Dad pulled out the school lot.

Torian was Nadia's half brother. Her father had, had him in his previous marriage with a women named Debra. It took a total of thirty minutes to get out to his town house. Nadia watched as her Dad took out his cell phone dialing a number before putting it to his ear. "Torian come get the door. I picked your sister up."

The door swung open. Nadia wasn't really all that close to Torian. She only saw him a couple times in a month. He was twenty-three doing his own thing, but he did look just like her Dad. Nadia kissed her Dad's cheek leaving the car to walk over to her brother.

Torian waved to Dad pulling the door closed. "Take your homework out. I don't have nothing for you to play with." Nadia set her backpack on the floor. "What's up your butt?" Torian sat down on the couch. "You are. You wanna leave school right now when I had something to do."

Nadia sat by Torian. "Why didn't you tell Dad that, and I wish they would stop treating me like a little kid. I don't need a baby sister." Torian looked over at Nadia. "I did, and he cussed me out, and told me he was STILL dropping you off, and you are a little kid. Tweleve is a kid.

Nadia shook her head. "Im thirteen." Torian shrugged. "Exactly."

Nadia was hanging out with Torian all day running errands with him. "Don't you get annoyed when girls just walk up to you?" Torian shook his head as they walked out of Walmart with a cart full of groceries. "Nah, I'm use to it." Torian popped the trunk open to his Grand Cherokee.

Nadia helped him put the stuff in his trunk. "Go put the cart back." Torian told Nadia as she hobbled the cart back over to the cart rack..

Around 6:30pm Tiphany finally came take her home.

=====================================