[Part 2] F.O.U.R.T.E.E.N

Florida(F) State(S) University(U)

                              600 W College Ave, Tallahassee, FL 32306

                         Date: [Monday] August 8th

Name: Nadia Leana Dylan

Class: Sophomore

Student#:A1495800

Studies: General Studies

Credit(s): 20

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before leaving Nadia had a long talk with her parents. She had been avoiding them. She felt like her Mom didn't understand, and her Dad had basically disowned back in highschool. So why should she bother with them?

They didn't get it.

Mowry, and Tiffany invited both Tiphany, and Miles over the night before Nadia left. Nadia came downstairs with her bag behind her. She never told anybody, but she was terrified. If something happend she would have no one. She'd be miles away in Florida, and her choice still reigned unsure.

It was not so much about Shawn, or Justin, or even what she wanted to do in school, it was much more about her happiness, and Nadia didn't really know what made her happy, but she did know that she really wanted to leave Virginia.

Nadia felt it would be like a second chance at herself. Though she was partially going because she wanted to see what Shawn was about, she was going for herself too, and If I didn't work out. Than she'd cross that bridge when she got to it.

Though she was confident that this would be one door to open several.

Nadia looked between her Mom, and Dad. She'd seen her Mom a lot more recently, but not her Dad at all. He had a grim look on his face. He was the first to speak up. "Nadia, I think you are stupid." Tiphany grabbed his hand,"Miles."

Miles shook his head. "I'm tired of holding my tongue. You're making stupid choices Nadia. It doesn't make sense to me that you going out of state to be closer to some guy that you don't even really  know. Then you don't know what you want? I don't support that at all, are you kidding me?

Nadia looked at her Grandma not believing she had told them. Nadia felt her heart grow ice cold towards her for the first time ever. "Well I don't care what you think." Nadia told her Dad easily.

"Of course you don't! You never have." Miles shook his head standing up. "I can't do this, she's no daughter of mine. My daughter never talked to me that way. We were bestfriends, but now she's turned into some slut,that chases after men instead of dreams. If he cared he would urge you to follow your own path and not him!"

Nadia was stunned that he called her a slut.

Grammie waved her hands around as if she was trying to get a hold of the situation. "Miles, Nadia is not a slut. She's just young like you once were, like we all were, and Tiphany went after you." Miles paused. " Well, Tiphany was a lot smarter than Nadia. Nadia has no direction in her life, she follows her heart more than she should."

Nadia blinked away tears listening to her Dad talk about her like that. She couldn't believe him.

Tiphany rose glaring at Miles. Miles looked at Tiphany. The fire in her eyes was enough to make him shut up, and sit back down. Tiphany shook her head. "Miles, I hope you realize that no matter what we think about her choices; We have all made stupid ones. That gives you no right to talk to her like that. That's our daughter you have crying right now." Tiphany shook her head at Miles.

"Nadia I know you feel like I'm Mom, and I don't get it, but I do. I understand that you're confused. I was too at some point in my life, but sometimes you have to tread the wrong path to realize that its the wrong path, and every time mistake you make thats another answer that tells you that what you have tried is not for you. Life sometimes is trial and error, and also you're nineteen. Trust me you have time.

I love you no matter what mistakes you make. I don't know this man, your chasing after, but he must be something.

Tiphany hugged Nadia tight. "I love you." Nadia gripped her Mom tightly. "I love you to Mom." MIles sat quietly seemingly unapologetic about what he'd said. Nadia pulled away from her Mom walking over to him. "I'm gonna make you eat your words. I don't know what I want to do, but I'm pretty sure I'm close."

"She wants to do Shawn." Mowry mumbled out.

Leave it to Mowry to be the ray of sunshine in a smug situation.

Grammie smiled a little turning to kiss him. "Stop baby." Mowry pouted holding Tiffany's waist. Nadia smiled looking at them. "I know I want that."Nadia pointed at her grandparents. I wanna be happy in whatever I do, and whoever I'm with"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Short, sweet, and a small chapter for you to calm down from everything that's surfaced-